Chapter 5: Survival (Reader's POV)

You stomped out the fire and decided to follow the river, in hopes that you would find a village along the way. It was almost sundown, and you still hadn't figured out what planet you were on. The climate was rather nice, and the grasslands seem to go on for miles and miles. You found it strange that you hadn't stumbled upon much wildlife though. Even when you were in the woods, you hardly saw any creatures.

Maybe that was a good thing.

You breathed in the fresh air and tried to clear your head as you searched for shelter. The air here wasn't saturated with pollution like Coruscant's. It was clean and crisp.

A rustling of the grasses behind you snapped you out of your thoughts and caused you to grip your sharpened stick tightly. You spun around to see a kath hound leaping out of the grasses towards you. It managed to scratch you on the arm before you kicked it in the face. Briefly stunned, the kath hound fell to the ground before immediately getting back up for another round.

Your stick might not be strong enough to take this thing down, but it was all you had. You had to try.

The kath hound growled and started charging at you at an incredible speed. Without your force senses, it was hard for you to predict its next move at the speed that it was going at. You braced yourself with your stick pointed at the kath hound, hoping it would run right into the stick.

The kath hound raced right past you before whipping itself around to claw at your back. You felt your skin rip open and a shriek of pain escaped your lips. Your knees collapsed and you fell to the ground. The kath hound was now circling you.

The pain was unbearable, but you tried to stand anyways. This couldn't be it. This couldn't be how you die. Gathering all your strength, you began to stand. The pain spread throughout your body like a violent storm. Your breathing got heavier as you raised your stick once more, hoping that this wouldn't be the last breath you take.

The kath hound charged at you once again, trying to pull the same move that it did before.

You were ready.

You whipped your body around as soon as the hound ran past you. The hound leaped at you and you drove your stick right through the kath hound's heart.

You pulled the stick from its body, aching from the act that you just committed. You hated hurting animals, even when they threatened your life. If you still had the force, you would've used it to tame the animal, so it wouldn't have to end like this.

Your vision started getting blurry and you remembered the wounds that the kath hound gave you. You were losing too much blood. You kneeled on the ground, watching the sunset as your vision started to fade.

The orange and yellow hues were accompanied by the outline of several people.

That was the last thing you saw before you blacked out.

»»————- ★ ————-««

You awoke in a dimly lit hut. Your wounds were covered in some type of leaf, and they didn't feel as painful as before.

"Don't move."

You turned your head and saw an elderly woman sitting a few feet from you. Her wavy grey hair went all the way to her waist, and she was wearing robes made out of animal pelts.

"Who are you?" She asked calmly.

"My name is (y/n)." You replied. "How did I get here?"

"My warriors found you shortly after you quarreled with that kath hound. They heard you cry out when the kath hound gave you those wounds, I assume. What were you doing out in the grasslands all by yourself? You could have been killed!" She paused. "You're not from here, are you?"

"No, I am not from here. I don't even know what planet I am on. I was betrayed and dumped here without any protection." You said, feeling the sting of betrayal once more.

"Ah I see." She grimaced. "My name is Cilandra. I am the leader of this village. You may stay here for as long as you like. We will provide you with food and shelter as long as you help out with the village chores. Once your wounds heal of course."

"Thank you Cilandra. Thank you."

"Rest child. Let your wounds heal."

You closed your eyes and fell into a deep sleep.