135: Wake

A/N: Please be warned that the story of the next 15K words? will require heavy editing. These chapters are the most unedited in the entire MSAI (I went back to edit MSAI 1 after I wrote this). I think the biggest problem is the PLOT. There are some things that I could have written differently here. And I intend to do so soon.

When Amber woke, the memories did not come to her immediately.

There was a blank sort of peace in her mind as she laid on the bed. Her pupils were adjusting to the light, dilating and focusing as she blinked the sleep from her eyes. She was in a state of general confusion left staring at the scene before her as her mind attempted to absorb the visual information.

An angel slept before her.

He was holding them, her hands, pressing her right palm to the centre of his naked, muscular chest and the other to his lips. Her knuckles were brushing against the plump arch of his soft, soft lips.

Her angel was pressed flush against her body, so close that she could almost feel the heat from his skin radiating out of him in waves. His gentle scent of a floral musk and a sweetness that reminded her of honey and milk wafted from him in waves with each steady exhale.

The light of the room shifted with the rise of the sun, gently dusting over his features.

It lighted up his skin, flickering over his arms and turning his skin from a pretty beige to bright ivory. It danced, the light twisting over the dip of his nose, to the plump squish of his cheeks and into the flutter of long wispy eyelashes. It illuminated the tips of his hair, drawing her gaze from the glisten of his naked chest with those pretty dusky red nipples to the impossibly beautiful lilac flower crown in his hair.

The shimmery, translucent petals were dancing with just the stir of a tiny gust of wind, glittering softly from dew and the flicker of gold. They threaded through his hair, disappearing at the place where his head meets the pillow.

The flowers brought out his beauty in more ways than she could possibly fathom and her voice chokes in her throat from the sight. He was beautiful in his sleep, like a sleeping fairy prince, a marbled statue of Eros, a nymph in the woods. She was stunned into a stupor at how beautiful and peaceful he looked like this, asleep with flowers in his hair and his lips on her fingers because the last time she's seen him he-

Her breath hitched.

MinJae.

The memories spilled into the forefront of her mind in a steady trickle, causing panic to flicker through her. Her heart raced in her chest as dread hits her like a speeding bus. She instinctively pulled her hand back and the boy's brows furrowed, shifting in his sleep.

Amber froze, her muscles clamping at the sight of his movement. She watched as his grip tightened over her wrist and he subconsciously pulled her hands back to the spot on his chest. Her fingers pressing against the area above his heart.

Her fingers were pressed so tightly to his chest that she could actually feel the steady thump of his heartbeat beneath her fingertips. The pads of her fingers brushing against the velvet warmth of his creamy skin.

She was left feeling more than disoriented, a heady blush spreading across her cheeks as she watched and waited. He frowned, a cute little dip in his brows, and a shiver of something flickered through her body and ran up her spine.

He moved, his lips brushing over her knuckles, his sleeping body moving to nuzzle his face into her fingers. She bit her lips, watching enraptured as his nose danced over her skin, the soft exhale of breath on her digits somehow oddly sensual to her.

Sure, Sieon kisses her fingers all the time but with her hand on MinJae's heart and her fingers on his lips. She's not sure what to make out of the current situation even if her mind was screaming at her to move.

It was a weird feeling. Amber could only describe it as having a tiger snuggle up to her. While she was pretty sure the minute the tiger wakes it would eat her, she just couldn't help touching its soft fluffy fur. That was if the tiger had also single-handedly threatened her future life, wanted her out of its sight and hated her to the core, enough to probably try to kill her.

She grimaced, feeling a throb of pain burn in her chest at the thought.

Her features pinched as she shifted. She's oddly attuned to her needs, or more specifically her soul. There was just something really weird about her chest today and she could really feel it thrumming in her chest.

Her soul was practically shrivelling just a little from her thoughts of MinJae and it inched away wanting nothing to do with him. It was a really peculiar sensation because she could definitely feel their SoulMelt working with his touch, the gold spinning and dripping into her from his brushes. But at the same time, something inside her recoiled and refused to really accept it.

She didn't really want anything to do with her soulmates now.

She nibbled on her lips. It was embarrassing just lying here in the aftermath of what had happened and her heart swirled with a cocktail of shame, sadness, disappointment and betrayal.

It felt a little like how she would feel after falling off a horse, landing head first in its shit while her crush looked on. Then stand only for her crush to push her back into the horse shit, ass first and then laugh. Hell, she wouldn't want to see her crush again.

She was angry and just sad, probably had given up on ever having total happiness. She felt like shit and she remembered exactly how he made her feel in their dormitory.

Another twinge of pain shot through her chest and she shifted, wincing at the stronger burn.

Ouch. That actually fucking hurts. She clamped up, breathing steadily through her nose and waiting for it to pass before she moved again. Was that a muscle cramp? She sighed softly. Life fucking sucks and she just wants to leave and go home. Just fuck it. Fuck romance. Fuck soulmates. Fuck IDOL. Fuck reverse harem. She scowled at the thought and pulled at MinJae's hold, wanting to escape, only to stop.

She was noticing the band on her wrist now, the object that had prevented her from easily moving away.

It was a simple, nude coloured elastic band that was connected to a similar one on his wrist. They were created to be connected tightly, created to have a simple opening between their wrists to ensure skin to skin contact even when he wasn't holding her hand. It was a funny looking accessory, that scissors around their wrists and her mind drifted towards the thought of scissors.

Hold on, her brow furrows.

She swallowed thickly, wincing at the dryness in her throat, and tried to dislodge herself from him again. MinJae frowned, simply pulling her even closer to him, whining a little in her throat when she tried to pull away.

Oh shit. Did she wake him?