53

"What do you see?" Alexandra was standing in front of a mirror, when Quirrel entered behind her.

"This is the mirror of erised. Dumbledore must have moved it here after the holidays."

"Tell me, what is your deepest desire?"

"I see you and Voldemort out of my life." She stared at her reflection. It wasn't a lie. Her hair was red, and she was surrounded by her family. Her real family. No Voldemort. She was a Weasley.

"Be truthful now, dear." The mirror shimmered and she saw Hermione there too.

"I am. I want to be rid of the two of you completely."

"Is that why you haven't told a single soul that Voldemort is at the school?"

"What do you desire? Are you even capable of want? You're just a host and he's a parasite. Isn't want a human emotion?"

"Careful, Alexandra." Voldemort hissed. "You never know how your words affect others."

"Again, don't you have to be human to feel offence?" Quildemort advanced and she stepped away, a little fearful. He studied the mirror for a while as she tried to get as far from him as she could. She stood by the door, leaning against the wall before seeing Harry walk in.

"You!" Harry accused as he saw Quirrel. He turned around.

"Me." Quirrel nodded. "I wondered whether I'd be meeting you here, Potter."

"But I thought- Snape-" Harry looked flabbergasted at how he could've been so wrong.

"It was never Snape." Alexandra said. Harry glanced over at her. "Run." She warned.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same." She countered. "Run while you still can. Get out of here, Harry."

"Oh, he won't leave." Quirrel smirked. "He wants answers. Severus does seem the type, doesn't he? So useful to have him swooping around like an overgrown bat. Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor st-stuttering p-professor Quirrel."

"But Snape tried to kill me." Harry said.

"I guarantee you, if Snape had tried to kill you you'd be dead. Luckily for you, you were attacked by a... well that." Alexandra gestured at Quildemort.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." He scolded.

"I'm sure there's an exception for you."

"Silencio!" He pulled out his wand, pointing it at Alexandra. She shut up, not wanting to tip Voldemort off on her new abilities. He snapped his fingers and Harry was instantly bound. Quirrel droned on and on at Harry as he tried to figure out how to get the stone. When his back was turned, Harry gestured to Quirrel.

"Stop him." He mouthed and Alexandra shook her head.

"I can't." She mouthed back. "Don't try to fight. It'll be worse." Harry didn't heed her warning and spoke up, distracting Quirrell from finding the stone. Alexandra rolled her eyes. He couldn't stall forever. She saw Harry inch his way to the mirror. He tripped over and fell over his binds and she stopped herself from scoffing. Quirrell ignored him, instead muttering to Voldemort.

"What does this mirror do? How does it work? Help me master." Quirrell plead.

"Use the boy." Voldemort replied and Quirrell turned around.

"Yes, Potter. Come here." He clapped his hands letting the ropes fall away from Harry. "Come here. Look in the mirror and tell me what you see." Harry walked to the mirror. Alexandra looked at him carefully. He was nervous. He suddenly shifted- a minuscule movement that she almost missed. She saw his hand reach for his pocket before stopping himself midway. "Well?!" Quirrel asked. "What do you see?"