Chapter 6

After their encounter with the two assassins, their travel had been peaceful until they crossed the river. A man with half of his face covered with a bandage dressed in hand and leg warmers was standing in the middle of the bridge. A huge butcher knife-like sword was strapped on his back.

"Hello, Kakashi Hatake." He said with a gruff voice. "Hand me the bridge builder and we will spare your lives." He said.

"We?" Sasuke repeated in suspicion.

Kakashi replied, "Zabuza Momochi. The Devil of the Hidden Mist. I'm sorry to say that I won't hand you Tazuna. My team is not easy to beat."

Zabuza smirked and called, "Haku. Take care of them."

A lady in green stepped out, her face covered by a white porcelain mask with two red strokes, "Yes, Zabuza."

The two adults had already begun their battle. Sakura stared at the woman as she approached them. The pinkette stepped out, telling the guys to leave this fight to her, "Neji, Sasuke, protect Tazuna-san. This is a fight between a kunoichi and a kunoichi."

Both heirs nodded in respect to her decision, but Neji said, "Alright, but when you are in danger, we will jump in."

Sakura responded while walking to her opponent, "I'll make sure that doesn't happen." After all, her pride was on the line, along with her family's. As soon as she finished her sentence, the fight started with Haku.

"Special Justu: Flying Water Needles."

"Cherry Blossom Release: A Thousand Needles!"

Haku's water needles and Sakura's petals which act like needles clashed with each other in perfect rhythm. Each needle clashed with the other, making both sides to end in a draw.

"I guess I'll have to use this to finish you off then."

Before the Haruno could question what she meant by that, Haku did a handsign.

"Special Jutsu: Demonic Ice Mirror."

Ice mirrors formed all around them, trapping them inside it. Haku retreated into the mirror and her reflections appeared everywhere.

"I'm going to finish you off real quick." Haku said.

No matter who talented or skilled Sakura is, she was intimidated by it. Those factors can't beat experience. This was her first real fight, with someone who isn't familiar to her. Someone whose skill isn't familiar to her. But she had to stay calm and remain confident. Showing your weakness is only your first step to lose.

"Oh yeah? Try me." She retorted.

In every picture, Haku held her needles and threw them simultaneously. With this speed and accuracy, the victim could die when their vital organs are struck. This, Sakura could manage. Although she wasn't faced with needles very frequently, she had countless trainings where weapons attacked her from all directions. However, needles are still much more agile than kunais and shurikens; she was unable to dodge them swiftly, leaving her skin pierced and bleeding.

"Cherry Blossom Release: A Thousand Swords"

Cherry blossoms shaped into swords surrounded Sakura in circles. All of them pointed to the mirrors and stabbed them which successfully broke the ice; thus, Haku has no more place to hide in which drew her out. The Haruno was quick to spot her and didn't hesitate before landing a heavy kick to her stomach. She unsheathed her katana and pointed it very closely to Haku's neck.

"It seems I have underestimated you and your brats." Zabuza said in defeat. When Sakura turned to look at his direction, he was gravely injured. Blood dripped down his tan skin and pooled the floor. "My mission is a failure."

"Zabuza!" Haku gasped and kicked the pinkette while her attention was elsewhere. The pinkette dropped on her back as her opponent ran to her companion.

"Let's leave, we have failed." Haku nodded before bidding Sakura farewell.

"It was a good fight." And she turned away, "And I'm actually a guy." With that, they were gone.

"HUH?????"

"Wow." That was Neji.

"......" Sasuke was bewildered as his eyebrows raised in amusement.

"Ugh.." Kakashi suddenly groaned as he fell to the ground. His hands gripped his chest which was covered in blood. Across his chest was a long and deep cut.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura ran to his aid and unpacked her first aid materials. She ordered him to undress his upper body so she could clean his wound and wrap it with some sterile bandages with Neji's help. Sasuke retrieved a clean shirt and vest for Kakashi to put on when they were done treating his wound. Tazuna only watched them as they work, feeling guilty for filing a fake mission.

==

This time, the whole group was able to accompany their client to his house safely without further disturbance. They met Tazuna's happy little family and it warmed their hearts. As the heir and heiress of noble clans, a homey family isn't something they have the luxury to experience. Especially Sakura's father who is so stuck up about their clan's Sakura Haruno legacy.

The three kids were smiling, but their eyes showed envy.

Suddenly, Sakura who had been in between the two boys held their hands. They questioned her action, but they saw the compassion in her eyes. She was feeling what they felt too, and they squeezed her hands. Three of them relate to each other, they were each other's support. While they only just interacted with each other closely for the last few days, they already share a bond that is inseparable.

Looking down at them was Kakashi who smiled heartwarmingly at his students. He was happy to see them warming up to each other and starting to depend on one another. He was sure that the fates of those three would not end like the previous teams, not like his at least.

He was confident in his team, that they would put things right.

==

Dedicated to  for your suggestion about Sakura's relationship!

~Joelle

Published: December 2014Rewritten: 18 April 2018

Rewritten: 18 April 2018