Chapter 14: P.O.W.

Song Recommendation: Prisoner by the Weeknd ft. Lana Del Rey "I'm a prisoner to my addiction, I'm addicted to a life that's so empty and so cold I'm a prisoner to my decisions"

 Lana Del Rey "I'm a prisoner to my addiction, I'm addicted to a life that's so empty and so cold I'm a prisoner to my decisions"

          The restaurant was dimly lit, quiet and fancy. Ella sat on Aubrey's lap since they were in their own section, closed off from the rest of the customers that chose to eat there. He was barely paying attention to the cuisine on his plate because he was whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

          The waiter stood off to the side waiting to ask them if everything was good but ended up leaving them to continue to get lost in each other. For them, their surroundings melted away and it was just the two of them.

Aubrey's hand tightened around her waist, his hands travelled up her skirt, rubbing the inside of her thighs. Ella gasped but she caught herself and gave him a knowing smirk. She knew what time it was.

          Suddenly her phone vibrated on the table. Ella picked it up and flipped it over to see who was trying to contact her and saw the letter "M" she put for Marcus. The messages read: "Come outside. I gotta talk."

          "What's wrong?" Aubrey asked suspiciously. They were just having a good time and she had to ruin it by being on her phone. This the shit that annoys him.

          "Uh, just need to take this call." She said simply.

          "Is it that serious?" He sneered before leaning back on the chair.

          Ella rolled her eyes at his sudden attitude and started getting up, "I'll be right back babe." She bent down to peck his cheek and giggled at the red lipstick stain all over him.

          Once outside, she texted him back: "Where ya at?" She didn't even need a text back because he came up behind her placing his own coat over her bare shoulders. "Right here, princess."

          Ella turned her body and looked up at Marcus. He looked good and he was wearing that familiar strong cologne. She felt guilty sneaking around to meet him, especially because Aubrey hated him and whatever they had before they became official. Just the other day he warned her to stay away from him for good but despite everything they had she couldn't just ignore him.

          "Marcus...what are you doing here?" She didn't even know where to begin or what he needed to talk about now of all times and places. She could barely look at him but she forced herself to.

           "The text about us being done was wild. Was that who was taking your time?" His head gestured towards the restaurant alluding to Aubrey. There was a pregnant pause and Marcus laughed, "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

          "Marcus, why does it even matter? We weren't even together?" She was genuinely curious. Yes, she knew he liked her but that didn't mean anything if she didn't feel the same.