Chapter 13

A/N
So.... I've noticed that my follows have been up lately and I just want to thank you guys for that. It means that you enjoy my writing or my wild imagination 😂 Either way, thanks for reading and following me.

Bria's POV

"What? What do you mean?"

"I Snuck out Ace!"

"What?! Why?! What could've driven you to do something like that? Do you know how much trouble I could be in if your mom sent the police to look for you?"

"I know and I'm sorry, I just wanted to have a little fun but she grounded me" I sighed hanging my head.

"But Why didn't you say anything Bria? Do you know how long the drive from here to your house is?"

"I know okay! I know. I just didn't say anything because I didn't want to turn you off. I wanted you to like me Ace" I said and hung my head in shame. Ace let out a long sigh before  placing his hand under my chin and lifted my head to his. He placed a small kiss on my lips before responding.

"Mission accomplished. I do like you Bria." He sighed running his hands through his hair. "But this.... This is all just too much for me." He sighed once more. "Lets get you home." We made our way out of the cove and started in the direction of everyone else.

"You go first then I'll come after" he mumbled softly without even looking in my direction. He was mad at me. I could sense it. I shook my head in acknowledgment to his suggestion and made my way back over to the crowd. When I got there, I noticed that Josh, Hailey and Ashley were all waiting for us by the jeep. I bade Josh good bye and got into the jeep with Ashley, Hailey and Ace. The whole drive back was extremely quiet with nothing but the gentle hum of the engine and the radio softly playing in the background. Ash and Hailey fell asleep leaving just Ace and I awake. Even then he said nothing to me and I did the same.

Eventually, we got close enough to my house and he let me off. I ran as fast as I could to get to my room. My mom's car was already in the driveway and I had no idea how long she had been home. I took a quick shower and went under the covers in hopes of taking a nap.

"Bria, I know you're awake, I heard the shower running. How long do you intend to be mad at me?" My mom's voice came from the door.

Suddenly, I was very angry. All the anger I had towards Ace ignoring me resurfaced and I took it all out on my mom. I swung the door open angrily almost tearing it from it's hinges and stared at her with raw fury in my eyes.

"As long as it takes!" I screamed at her.

"You watch your tone with me young lady" my mom responded and I scoffed. " You know the rules of the house yet you go about breaking them and expect me to not punish you for your actions?" She began raising her voice at me and I knew she was mad.

"Yes I know about your stupid rules mom. Which was why I called you to ask for permission first. Don't you remember that?" I asked her. She stared at me silently before leaving the room. I closed my door once more and went back to bed.

***

My weekend was a sh*tty one. I was bored, hot and lonely. I had already styled my weave twice in two hours. People might think I'm wrong for saying this, but I just want it to end. I caught up on all my homework assignments and even decided to get some studying in.

When Monday finally came around. I got up early and got ready for school before silently making my way downstairs. My mom was sat at the dining room table with a faraway look on her face. I greeted her good morning and she looked up at me from her cup of coffee before nodding her head. I proceeded in making myself some breakfast and before I know it tried to speak to me again.