Chapter 5

Livia walked back to the ball room and everything went back to normal. Everything presumed as if the big scene hadn't happened. Yes, Livia going to talk with Jax was a dumb move, but she felt sorry for him. She knew he still had a soft spot for her, so maybe the talking would ease up the embarrassment.

She took her seat.

"Why did you run after him? Do you know him?" Mrs. Fargo asked very concerned.

"Uhm, yes I-I do. He was actually my boyfriend of 7 1/2 years." Livia chuckled nervously as she rubbed her left arm with her right hand.

"There was a scandal, that happened almost 2 years ago. That he cheated on me. I found out personally. And then the girl he slept with leaked the news, I guess. But that's all in the past." She smiled and removed her arm.

"Do you still love him? I mean you ran after him just now." Mrs. Fargo said curiously as she turned her whole body to face Livia and crossed her legs together.

"Maybe I do.. who knows. Some part of me will always love him even if it was tomorrow, 1 week from now , a month, or even 10 years from now. Deep down in my heart he will always be the first man I loved. But man do I feel stupid running after him." She laughed at the last part her eyes wandering off somewhere around this room.

"It's crazy isn't it."

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Fargo said.

"That I waited 6 years for him to propose, just for him— to end up cheating." She sniffled her nose, and felt tears starting to form.

"I think that you will learn from what happened. What he did made you learn something about love. Love is not always rainbows and unicorns. Simply, rain and thunderstorms." Mrs. Fargo went up closer to hug Livia.

"Seeing him here today made me realize how much I miss him, and how much he hurt me. I hate being so vulnerable. I hate it so much. I hate him so much." Livia closed her eyes, forcing the tears to stay back.

"He hurt me so much. I can no longer be strong and confident. I have been trying to be strong for far too long." She sniffled, forcing her tears to stay.

"Do you know how hard it is, seeing the person you want to forget the most, but can't have." She hugged Mrs. Fargo back.

After a while of hugging she let go, and sighed.

"Thank you Mrs. Fargo, for everything you have done for me. In these past 2 years you have been a mother figure to me, because I never had my mother's love growing up." Livia smiled at Mrs. Fargo and grabbed the both of Mrs. Fargo's hands to hold.

"Adeline." Mrs. Fargo said.

"What?" Livia questioned with a confused face.

"Call me Adeline, or Addie. Mrs. Fargo makes me sound way too old. Although I am already 55, I'm not that old. But I have told you countless times to call me Adeline, but you never did. So now, I insist, you call me Adeline now." Adeline smiled at Livia and reached for Livia's hand.

Adeline squeezed Livia's hands, to reassure to Livia that she cared.

"Stay strong. If you go back to him, you go back to him. If you stay away from him, you stay away from him. I will support you no matter what. And besides, I've always wanted a daughter." Adeline let go of Livia's hands and grabbed her glass of her Virgin piña colada, and took a sip.

"Let loose, take a few drinks tonight. You're not getting any younger. You're 23. You're still very young but also getting older by the seconds." The both of them laughed at the simple joke.