S2 •22•

Unedited

Richie soon arrived to where his friends where, he took a seat on a log, sitting next  to Mike, who was talking with Will.

He sighed sadly, thinking about how those could be him and Eddie, Eddie, who he has been in love with for so long now.

Mabye he wasn't meant to be with the smaller boy, Eddie deserved someone much better than him for sure.

He shouldn't have made him go with him to the mall, or to force him to listen to him.

Why are you so fucked up-

Richie was snapped out of his thoughts when Mike turned around to see him, the boy grew worried when he saw the always so cheerful Richie Tozier looking so down.

"Hey, are you okay?" Mike asked worriedly, turning his attention to the boy with thick glasses.

The curly haired boy was taken aback by this, not expecting Mike to ask anything to him.

"Y-yeah I'm fine, thanks" Richie said quietly and shrugging it back. He couldn't believe he was acting like that in that moment, he was always cheerful and energetic but right now...he couldn't even try to.

Mike, not convinced was about to ask again just to reassure but his attention was quickly gained by his boyfriend that was sitting next to him.

"Hey Mike, Eddie wants to talk with me...alone, are you okay if I go for a few seconds? I-It's okay if not" Will asked carefully, nervous about leaving Mike and let something like the incident at the mall happen again.

The taller boy thought about it for a moment, time to prove himself?

"I'll be okay" Mike affirmed, giving the brunette a little smile.

"Are you sure?" Will asked a bit concerned and looking at his boyfriend straight in the eye to see if he was actually telling the truth.

"I'm sure" the dark haired boy reaffirmed.

With that, Will left with Eddie and went behind some tree, Will not leaving before giving Mike a kiss goodbye, making the taller boy blush.

"You two are cute" Richie said out of nowhere, smirking at Mike, who chuckled in response.

"Thanks" the freckled boy answered.

Some time passed by without the boys speaking another word to eachother until the boy with glasses decided to break the silence.

"Hey can I tell you something? You know what? I'll tell you anyways, I need to get this out" Richie said sitting now cross legged over the log.

The curly haired boy would usually tell Beverly about Eddie but she was too busy with Ben at the moment.

"I think I like Eddie, lie, I like Eddie, in fact, I think I love him but the thing here is that I wanna tell him but...I just don't know how" Richie let out and looked at the fire, seeing all the yellow and orange flames there.

Mike stayed blank for a moment, he wasn't sure what to say, he didn't want to give a bad advice.

But Richie however couldn't keep the silence, it was consuming him just the way the flames were consuming the thick branches underneath them, he hated silence, it left him alone with his thoughts.

"How did you and Will got together...exactly?" the curly haired boy asked looking back at the freckled boy next to him.

"Oh well..." Mike let out a little chuckle.

"It actually started with a fight and Will confessed his feelings to me but he left before I could say anything and that same day I told him I loved him too" the dark haired boy said with a little grin on his lips, it was nice to look back in the past sometimes.

Mike saw no answer from the other boy so he decided to finally let out a good advice- or well, the best one he could.

"I would say...just go for it, stand in front of him and tell him how you feel and if he refuses then...you could...umm..." Mike bited his lip, thinking about what to say, but his mind went completely blank, causing for him to start panicking for a moment but was quickly stopped by Richie.

"It's alright man, I'll try...again, if it doesn't work then...you know what? we hope it does actually work this time" Richie sighed and gave Mike a little smile, the other boy made the same,  awkwardly smiling back and then looked back at the bonfire.

"Thanks for listening" the boy with glasses said getting a marshmallow in his mouth before handing a bag of marshmallows to Mike for him to take one.

God knows from where or when he got them but Mike still took one.

"I'm just really scared" Eddie confessed to his friend Will while he rested his back on the tree from  behind him.

"Why?" Will asked, frowning a bit, he was standing right in front of the brunette boy, both far enough from the other teenagers so they couldn't hear their conversation.

"I know he likes me and I like him too but I just- I won't know what to say if he confessed his feelings to me, I'm not even sure of what i want! Will I don't know what do I swear I'm gonna pass out if he-" Eddie was speaking fast and already panicking so Will's move was to give a light slap to his cheek so he could focus.

"Ow!" the smaller brunette complained, but Will just grabbed both of Eddie's cheeks and made him look at him in the eyes.

"Hey, stop overthinking, I know you can do this! You'll go there, tell Richie how you feel about him and you won't regret it, understand?" Will said in the most demanding tone he could get out and raised and eyebrow at the smaller boy.

"Uhu" Eddie replied while nodding quickly.

"Good" Will said grinning at the boy and letting go of him.

"Let's go back with the others then" the taller brunette patted Eddie's shoulder and started walking towards everyone around the bonfire.

He took his place next to Mike and rested his head on top of his shoulder.

"Everything okay?" Will asked while holding the taller's hand and stroking it softly.

Mike nodding in response, which made the brunette smile and press a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey- umm...Eddie can I talk to you now?" Richie asked while standing from the log, still with some marshmallow in his mouth.

Eddie sighed and bited his lip before nodding and walking towards the boy with glasses, who held the brunette's hand and lead him far from the others.

Will gave Eddie some thumbs up before leaving.

1120 words ~

this was supposed to be a longer chapter but i decided to just divide it in two so...next chapter will be kinda short :))

thanks for reading! we're each time closer to the end of this book.