S2 •24•

- short chapter :(

Mike Wheeler woke up to the sound of loud music being played from a boombox right next to him, the familiar song resonating on his ears making the boy's eyes snap open and sit down quickly.

Once his eyes were focused he saw a petite figure in front of him, it was his boyfriend, who greeted him with a big smile.

"Good morning sleepyhead" Will said before he leaned closer to press a gentle kiss on Mike's forehead.

"Good morning" the taller one replied while he gave a sleepy smile to Will.

He soon noticed that the song that was coming from the boombox was "heaven is a place on earth", the melody making the boy crack a smile.

Before Mike knew, he felt how Will's lips were pressing against his own, pulling him in a gentle kiss.

However, it lasted a few seconds before the smaller one pulled away from the kiss, he rested his forehead on Mike's instead while holding one of his hands.

"You're so pretty" Mike said out of nowhere, making Will blush and smile like crazy.

"No, you are" the brunette said, making Mike let out a chuckle.

They leaned for another kiss, this one lasting longer.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" Will said making a small pout with his lips.

"I'm gonna miss you too" the taller one said before giving his boyfriend a soft kiss on his cheek.

[ ... ]

The losers came to the Byers house to help pack Mike and Max their things, but there wasn't much to pack so they finished with everything pretty quickly.

Once they were done they all took place inside Will's room, some people sitting on his bed, some one the floor and others just standing up.

"I'm gonna admit it, I'll miss hanging out with you guys" Richie said, cutting the silent between everyone in the room.

Before Mike or Max could reply a knock in the door was heard, it was Joyce.

"Guys, Nancy is ready to take you two home" she said giving a small smile.

Max's and Mike's moods suddenly dropped, but they gave a nod in response anyway.

The losers gave their last goodbyes to the teenagers before all of them went to their respective houses.

Everyone now was at the edge of tears, they gave some last hugs and a couple forehead kisses too.

Before they knew, Mike and Max were already inside Nancy's car, suddenly it felt like everything happened so fast, and now they needed to go, again.

"Did you guys have fun?" Nancy asked while turning on the car's motor.

"Yeah we did" Mike replied with a smile in the corner of his lips and tears attempting to come out of his eyes.

Max just nodded in reassurance, she already had a couple tears on her freckled cheeks, but she quickly wiped them away with his hand.

Mike gave a last look back to the Byers family that was still standing by the porch of their house, he could still see Will from there, he was smiling while a few tears ran down his pale cheeks, Mike gave a smile in return.

523 words

im so sorry for this mediocre chapter 😔
this is officially the end, after 6 months or sum and im happy i can say that i finished this book

this whole book its flawed and half of it has bad writing, it doesnt make much sense at times but here we are, i really appreciate all the support yall gave to this book since the very beginning, its something i'll always be grateful for.

good news, im actually working on a new book and i'm putting all my effort on it, i just cant wait for yall to read it

actually im working on 2 books but the other one is like a one shots collection for the same storyline.

anyways, thanks for reading all the way to the end i really appreciate it <3

- paulina 🌱