Chapter 4: This Is It

< those eyes of yours could swallow stars, galaxies and universes.
What hope did I ever have? >

-Storydj.

Aria's Pov:

It's been 3 weeks since the topic of marriage has been stirred up by dad and Mr. Velez on his visit to the office.

I haven't really spoken with dad outside of business, showcasing how I'm still profoundly upset at him for leaving me with no choice whatsoever in the matter.

I haven't met my fiancé yet. And I'm starting to feel like I'm not going to meet him until the marriage ceremony.
Everything related to wedding planning is mainly handled by me, and the wedding planner I've hired to take some of this surpassingly heavy load off my shoulders.
Planning a wedding is really hard work. It's not just sipping champagne and deciding between red velvet cake or chocolate cake.

Although, I'd pretty much appreciate the cooperation from the other person stuck in this situation with me.
He needs to take this seriously, otherwise I'm going to go insane with the amount of preparation required for the wedding in such a short amount of time.

The wedding is in 2 weeks.
We needed to book a venue, I needed to pick a dress and we still had the dinner rehearsal 2 days before the wedding.

Yup, there's literally no engagement phase. Lucky me.

Breathe, Aria. Breathe.
You can handle this.

Today is wedding dress shopping day. Yay! *note the sarcasm*

Luna and I head out the door and into this epic surreal adventure awaiting for us.

•••

5 hours and 3 shops later, I think I've found the perfect dress.

The intricate design on the upper area is what drew me in, and how the rest just cascades down in simple white

This is it.
It wasn't too gown-like cinderella dress, or a minimal guests-are-dressed-up-in-better-clothes type of dress.

I need to make sure Luna likes it before I decide to buy it "so what do you think?" I ask hoping she'll like it enough for me to walk down the isle and get married in it.

"You look so good right now, that if I was prince Harry I'd drop Meghan in a heartbeat for you" she answered chuckling and threw a wink my way and I couldn't help but laugh. I wouldn't go as far to say I'd compete with Meghan Markle but I felt happy and content about my choice.

If the groom to be had any preservations or complaints, he could express his feelings at the altar.
He didn't want to show up with me to pick my dress. His choice.
And he'll have to deal with my temper when we meet each other at the dinner rehearsal.

We also bought a gown for the dinner rehearsal. A simple beige cream silk gown that had slits on both thighs.

 A simple beige cream silk gown that had slits on both thighs

•••

*2 weeks later- dinner rehearsal day*

Today is the day I'm meeting my future husband.
I've surely looked him up on google, and he looked edible in the pictures but still, I had to see him face to face to know if he looked anything like the drool worthy photos.

It's 5:30 pm. and a knock on the door startles me. I go to open the door in all my glory and the first thing I notice is that he's tall, dressed in a black suit.
I had my 4 inch high heels on and he still got some inches on me.

Then it struck me, the face.
Remember the pictures? Yeah, forget the pictures.

He looks one hundred times better in real life that pictures don't do him justice.

He's got brown hair, just like me. That's the only thing we have in common on the surface. Well, besides our good sense of style.

He has brown eyes while mine are emerald green.

My skin complexity is a few shades darker than his.

Those were the obvious comparisons I could think of on the spot.

We seem to be each staring at each other, sizing each other up, trying to figure the other out.

A few moments pass and his booming voice chirps to my ears "you look breathtaking " he compliments and a blush creeps its way up towards my cheeks.
His voice is the epitome of thick, rough and silky all at the same time.

I clear my throat and respond "thanks, you clean up well yourself " I'm supremely awful at extending compliments.

Then, we decide to leave, not liking the idea of arriving late at our own dinner rehearsal party.

We reach his car and much to my surprise -him being a gentleman- he opens my car door and I slip inside.

The silence that engraved us was overly awkward. How am I supposed to act normal and comfortable with a person I've met a few minutes ago?

When we finally reach the venue, he gets out of the driver's seat and opens my door.
Once again, proving to be a real gentleman.

When we are a few steps away from the door he interlocks our fingers and I gasp audibly at the contact of our hands together.

"For the guests to believe " he answers my unasked question and I nod.
Of course, for the sake of our guests.

And then, with our interlocked hands, we make our way inside.

•••

A/N:

First time meeting each other!!! I'm ecstatic for my babies!!!!!!!

If you liked this chapter comment and vote❣️