Twenty Nine

3rd person POV:

Amelia and Rebekah had left after Hayley's constant pestering for 'alone time'. The female Originals were on the hunt for Davina, because both of them knew that if Klaus, Marcel, and Elijah found her first, it would be a worse turn out for her. They had given up as the time past, Amelia even trying a locator spell using Davina's toothbrush. The witch was constantly fighting her, and since Amelia hasn't performed a spell in over a thousand years, the young with easily beat her. They had made their way back to the center of the french quarter as it was now time for the festival to begin. 

"You don't like festivals?" Amelia hears Klaus say, as she and Rebekah approach the him. The hybrid was speaking with Marcel and Kieran, neither looking particularly happy at Klaus' company.

"I don't see why not. Who doesn't love a street fair?" Rebekah asked as the two of them appeared by Klaus.

"Sister, come to help us find our stray?" Klaus asked. He slipped an arm around Amelia's waist and pulled her closer to him, her presence immediately calming him. 

"We can't let your secret weapon get in the wrong hands, can we?" Rebekah asked, smiling serenely.

"For the record, we're moments away from retrieving her," Klaus informed them. Amelia raised an eyebrow at his statement, and rolled his eyes.

"I recognize that tone of voice, Niklaus. Clearly you have some diabolical machination. What is it?" Elijah asked. Amelia just hoped that whatever it was, nobody would be too seriously injured. Klaus didn't say anything in return, only smirking as he walked off, following someone that Amelia didn't recognize. 

"Timothy..." Amelia can hear Klaus say. Amelia can hear the compulsion laced through his next words. "Might I have a word?"

***

Rebekah had given her a choice. Stay on Klaus' good side or help her help Davina. Amelia honestly didn't have much care for the young witch at that point so she decided to help Klaus.

"Where's Rebekah gotten off to?" Klaus asked. Elijah, Amelia, and himself were standing in the courtyard of the compound waiting for Davina to show up. When Klaus looked at her Amelia shrugged, as she really didn't know where Rebekah was, she just knew what she was doing. 

"It's not Rebekah that I'm concerned about. And how can you be so certain that Davina will come?" Elijah asked. 

"One might think you've forgotten what it's like to be in the grip of an all-consuming infatuation. She'll come," Klaus assured his brother. Amelia was sitting on chair, her legs and arms crossed, observing the two. Her eyes drifted upwards to Timothy who was sitting in the rafters, playing the violin as Klaus had compelled him to.

"Are the maudlin theatrics absolutely necessary, Niklaus?" Amelia asked.

"Ha! It's a fair point," he said looking over at the redhead, then looking up to the young boy. "Timothy, play something a little more upbeat, please. That's a good lad." Marcel chose that moment to return to the compound and join them. "Took you long enough to spread the word."

"Have you met his nightwalkers? Not the brightest assortment," Amelia snorted. Klaus shot her a smile, and then turned his attention back to Marcel. Amelia smirked when Marcel's expression grew visibly annoyed.

"All that matters is I got it covered. When Davina gets here, you two need to let me do the talking," Marcel said.

"Well, I'm sure you'll have your chance." He turns to Davina as she walks in. "Hello, love." He then looks up at Timothy. "Silence is golden, Timothy. Thank you."