Masquerade Ball

Maddie had spent all morning getting ready for the masquerade ball. An exclusive party for upperclassmen and one of the many parties that everyone longed to be invited to.

The party of the school year she was most looking forward too. A time where all rules were thrown out the door. Maddie tonight knew she could be herself and hide behind the mask.

Her dad on the other hand was getting ready for Eleanor's party. A Moroccan themed party where the elites bidded to work with Eleanor and her new fashion line.

Maddie was currently doing her hair when she heard her dad talking to someone. She quietly crept to the edge of her room where she could hear the conversation better.

"Ah Nathaniel how are you?" Her father asked. Maddie furrowed her eyebrows at the sound of Nate's name.

"I'm good sir"

"And the captain? I'm assuming I'll see your parents tonight at the Waldorf residence?

"Good as well and they should be at the party. Is Maddie home?" Nate asked.

"Madeline is upstairs in her bedroom. I assume you know where it is?"

Maddie heard Nate begin to walk up the stairs. She quickly slipped on a silk robe and closed the door slightly.

A moment later a knock came from the door.

"Maddie?"

"Nate, hey what's up?" She asked. The two walked over to the little bench next to her vanity.

"Look I wouldn't come to you but Blair was busy and Chuck-"

"No need to explain I'm here for you. So what brought you here?" Maddie asked once more.

"I found a baggie of cocaine in my father's study" Nate mentioned.

Maddie turned to look at Nate with concern in her eyes.

"Nate this is serious"

"I know. Chuck told me to forget about it but I just can't"

"Talk to your dad. If he's involved with this drug, he's probably scared" Maddie suggested.

Nate wrapped his hand around hers. She weakly smiled. The moment she looked into Nate's eyes her heart melted a little.

"You should go" she whispered. Maddie stood up from the bench they were seated on, still looking at Nate.

"Yeah, I'll go" Nate said leaving the room at once. Maddie sat down at her vanity shocked by the words that had just escaped Nate's mouth.

"What did Nathaniel want?" Her father asked a few minutes after Nate left.

"Oh wanted to see if I had been in touch with Blair. He can't get ahold of her" Maddie lied. Her father believing every word changed the conversation.

"Does this suit say Morocco?" Her dad asked.

"Uh, the infamous Eleanor Waldorf themed party. You look great dad" Maddie replied. He smiled before saying a goodbye.

Maddie slipped on her dress and mask before leaving herself. When she arrived she was already bored with the party.

Not a single boy was dying to dance with her and the drinks were barely flowing.

She grabbed a glass of champagne downing it in one sip before sighing. She was mad at herself for thinking this party was going to be different than the others.

She headed to the bar and downed another shot or two of tequila before looking around.

She headed up to the rooftop in hopes of some fresh air. When she opened the door she heard Chuck scream.

"Don't let it close" he yelled.

She turned around to grab it but it was too late. The door had shut leaving the two trapped on the roof top together.

"Ugh" Chuck sighed sliding his back down the pole and sitting on the ground.

"Should I ask why you are barely clothed?" Maddie asked with slight disgust. She stumbled over towards Chuck.

"I was tricked. Okay? I'm not proud of it" Chuck responded.

Maddie sat down across from Chuck. Although he wasn't her favorite person he was still a friend nonetheless.

"So going to explain why you were at the Ostroff Center?" Chuck asked with a grin.

"Depends going to blab your mouth about it to other people?" She countered.

"Fiesty, you Maddie have become my favorite of the friend group. Don't tell Nathaniel that, but by the looks of it you won't seem to remember this conversation tomorrow morning"

She chuckled at hearing Chuck say she was the favorite. He sure didn't act like she was.

"Why would I go sharing my secrets with you Bass? Not like you're my friend anyways. No one one is my friend anymore after the summer" Maddie slurred.

"Oh don't act like that Rose. You dug yourself into isolation"

Maddie remained quiet. Chuck looked at her quizzingly.

"Something happened over the summer. But the real question is what?" Chuck said looking at Maddie.

Her tipsy state caused her to blurt out a little more than she wanted.

"I was hooked on drugs, cocaine if you must know" she spewed. Chuck looked at her astounded.

"Maddie-" Chuck began.

"If I just tell my dad fuck Yale, what do you think he'll do? I honestly just want to go to a normal college like NYU or maybe even a school down south to enjoy warm weather year round" she explained.

"So no Yale?" Chuck asked. He was enjoying getting the gossip from a drunken Maddie.

"No that's my father's wishes. I think after high school I'm going to take a gap year and look for my mother" she continued.

Just then the door opened and Chuck jumped up.

"Hold that door" he yelled. Blair stood with the door open.

Chuck helped Maddie up and they exited the roof top. Chuck was able to find some clothes before exiting the party.

Maddie leaning on both Nate and Chuck muttered "Don't tell anyone about my secret".

"What secret?" Nate asked. Chuck shrugged his shoulders before escorting Maddie into the limo.

"I'll get her home, go with Blair" Chuck mentioned to Nate.

Just as the limo was about to leave Nate tapped on the window. Chuck opened the door and Nate slipped in.

"Driver take me to the Rose Residency" Chuck called out.

"No my dad can't see me like this" Maddie mumbled once more.

Chuck sighed "actually take me home"