Chapter 22

Lance awoke with a start. His hyperventilating ceased when he found himself still in his room. He got out of bed and opened his door, only to see Keith fall back and hit his head on the floor.

"O-Oh my god, Keith!" Lance whisper yelled, quickly falling to the alpha's side and helping him.

Keith rubbed his head as he and Lance rose from the ground, "You okay?"

Lance slapped his arm gently, "Dont ask me that, are you okay? I'm not the one who hit my head just now."

"I'm fine." Keith said with a chuckle. "Why are you up? It's 2 in the morning." Lance looked away from the alpha. "Lance... what's wrong?"

Lance gulped, rubbing his arm. He thought for a moment, about his nightmare. He sighed. "I had a nightmare."

"About?" Keith asked. Lance just looked up at him and he got the memo. "Oh."

"I just- I-I can't get rid of the thoughts, K-Keith. I was taken advantage of, m-marked, and I'll always remember... e-everything."

Lance was scooped into a hug. At first it surprised him, but then he went limp in the alpha's arms. Keith sniffled, keeping his head in the crook of Lance's neck. He hated to see his lover so upset and he himself wanted to mark him, to make sure nothing bad would ever happen to his omega again.

"When's your next heat?" Keith asked in a whisper.

"I'm not sure, but soon." Lance responded, looking up at the him. "Why?"

Keith was hesitant. He grabbed Lance's hand and rubbed his thumb over his knuckles. "I- uh... I-I'd like to m-mark you."

Lance slightly smiled, a chuckle leaving his lips, "I'd like that."

His inner alpha got excited. If he had a tail, it'd be wagging with delight. He smiled brightly, lifting Lance off the floor into another hug. The alpha placed the boy down on the bed.

"You should get back to bed." Keith pointed out.

"Do I have to?" Lance whined.

Keith chuckled, "Yes."

"Can you stay with me then?"

Keith nodded. Lance pulled him into the bed and threw the covers over them. He faced the alpha, looking into his sleepy eyes. He brushed some of his black hair out of his face and smiled.

"You need to cut your hair." Lance chuckled.

"I'll never cut my luscious hair." Keith dramatically whispered, then kissing Lance on the lips. "Now go to bed."

"Will do." Lance yawned.