1| Marriage proposal..

I woke up at 4

I woke up at 4.30 not because I had some work but I was unable to sleep, it's too cold here in this room.
I went to kitchen made breakfast for everyone then started preparing for lunch, aunt will be at home so I should prepare her lunch and put it inside fridge.

After placing breakfast on table.
I got ready for school, I look once more at clothes that I was wearing, I buy second hand clothes every month when there will be a sale in front of mall. I fight through the crowd to get them, so sometimes I don't get proper size, who cares..?
Anyways nobody sees me, so I wear oversized dresses even to my college.

I tie my hair in ponytail, I have black and silky long hair.
I go to college with zero makeup on my face not because I don't like it, but I can't afford it..

Aunt has few collection of lipstick and blushes but I use none cause I remember one incident from past....

« ● flashback ● »

Last year on ethnic day, I sneaked into aunt's room and applied her lipstick. I was about to get out of the room when she caught red handed...The look on her face made me gulp hard. Her face filled with terror.

I retreated my steps backwards feeling nervous. I was so dead now! No way in hell she was going to spare me - not when I touched her precious collection.

"You bitch, how dare touch my lipstick " She came towards me with ugly look on her face.

"Aunt... I'm sorry , I have ethnic -"

blap...!

She didn't even allow me to complete my sentence before to that her palm crashed on my cheek.

Okay I guess I don't need any blushes now cause I'm sure her finger prints can be easily seen on my cheek.

Tears started rolling down my eyes . I didn't cry loudly cause I know the more I cry out loud , the more she enjoys to torture me!

That day she even damaged my favorite dress given by Noah. I didn't even attend ethnic day last year because she locked me in the room.

So from then on I never entered into aunt's room.

« ● ● ● »

I was 20 minutes early to college, I don't take bus to college cause you know I can't afford to waste money on transportation I will have to save money to buy my project work things. I walk till my college, it's only 15 minutes walk from my home.

I go through my previous day lessons before the lecturer comes.
when I was looking at math problems, someone threw book on my face. I look up to see my brother William standing in front of me with wicked look on his face.

"Who will do my assignment?!" he asked raising an eyebrow.

Nobody in this college knows that I'm his sister cause he didn't want to humiliate himself. He didn't want to lower his pride by announcing the world that I'm his dear sister...

"I will do it." I said grabbing his book and standing up.

Then another book was thrown on the desk, it was his friend "do mine too," I look at william waiting for him to say something but he just smirked and went away.
My brother bullies me the most in this college, after him it's his friends. No one tells them anything cause they are like F4 of boys over flowers..

°°°

When I reached home, I was surprised to see my uncle.

"Uncle?"

"Princess," He gushed looking at me and then tapped on couch next to him. "Come here."

I padded towards the couch and plopped down next to him.

After speaking about random things which included weather and sports, he told me something which literally knocked the air out of my lungs.

"You know Harriet, sometimes I feel you are not happy here. You turned 22 this year which means you are not a kid anymore. I want to see you settled with someone happily. So —" He paused looking at me while a light smile laced on his face.

"I have a proposal for you." He uttered.

As the words rolled off his lips my eyes went wide.

"A what?" I ask baffled.

"Marriage proposal. I thought about this proposal for quite some time before bringing this topic to you. He is my friend's son."

Lord! He was serious.

I bite inside of my cheek still processing his words. I couldn't straight away say no or react harshly. He has always supported me and cared for me like a father.

"I want time to think uncle." I said pressing my lips straight.

"Sure. Take your time, I won't force you; if you don't want to get married. One thing I would like to say — they are very kind hearted people, you'll definitely be happy."

Giving him a nod I strolled towards William room because till uncle is here, his room is mine.

"You better say yes to this marrige, Harriet." A sharp and agitated voice came from behind me making me jump a little.

I swirl around to find Aunt at the door, her eyes brimmed with vexation.

I bite my lower lip and stare at her.

"Say yes and get out of this house and our lives or else I'll make your life a living hell." She stated with clenched jaws and closed the door with a thud.

Living hell?

What else is remaining? My life is no less than hell already.

I dialled Noah number cause he is the only one who will guide me to the right path.

"Noah, Uncle is at home and he - he was speaking about a marriage proposal..." I speak with a feeble voice.

Noah sighed and replied, " Uncle already informed me about this proposal Harriet and as far as I have heard about this guy, he is good person. He will take care of you. You need to get out of the house." Noah words rung in my ears.

"Mm-hmm. I'll call you later." I said disconnecting the call.

So both uncle and Noah wants me to get married.
I think it's best for me.

Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same..!!

❤..