Akaashi & Kozume - Two Timer

Soulmate AU: There's a timer on your wrist that counts down to the second you meet your soulmate

Requested (yes this is an x reader though it may not seem that way at first.)

FEM-Reader

Word Count: 1.5k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•

Kenma, as most setters are, is very observant. He's always been able to pin someone and use their actions to his advantage. Whether it was by tilting his head one way or shifting his foot; Kenma could make someone think he's about to do something he isn't. Despite his rather weak stature, which never seemed suitable for an athlete, Kenma's mind was sharp. But come a particular game in his first year, he thought he met his match.

Fukurodani is and always has been a formidable school, known for its star players and great teamwork.

It was a practice match. One that went on for hours is Nekomas volleyball gym. No observers were standing on the sides as they cheered, just coaches yelling pointers and patterns. During the game, Kenma found that he kept having a very relaxed staring competition with the setter opposite him. A taller boy with short black hair that parted a bit at the centre of his forehead. He had sharp eyes, a stronger build, and -judging by the number on the back of his pinnie- he has a first-year as well. The boy made smart, calculated move's, but didn't seem quite in sync with his team yet. He's too similar, Kenma thought, but not the same. The freshly bleached blonde-haired boy set a toss up, quick and out of the way of blockers for the bed-headed captain to spike down into the gym's floor.

Akaashi was reserved. Not too different from Kenma, but chose to be quiet for a different reason that was easily found out when you observed the team as a whole.

The two spoke after the practice was over as their respective friends fooled around, annoying their teammates and coaches alike. Complementing each other's skills and techniques while exchanging phone numbers before they got pulled away to their captain's sides to join their teams again.

It wasn't until later while playing on his DS that Kenma realized that the clicking on one of his arms stopped. Leaving the lonely sound of a singular clock ticking to fill his room. He types the message as quickly as possible, only to get one before he could hit send.

Did yours stop too?

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•

Akaashi never quite understood why he had two timers on his arm. It wasn't until he met Kenma and one stopped, did he understand the situation he and his partner were in. Kenma, luckily, also had two timers. Across all four of their arms, the times were paired with 00:00:00 on their rights, and another that was synced on their lefts, slowly counting down.