↽Thirteen⇁

↽Isabella⇁

A loud, obnoxious and very annoying voice came from behind. "Breaking the rules, Princessa?"

"Octavian." Isabella turned to the boy glaring at him, daring him to be annoying.

"You know that you are supposed to give all the newbies to me to give them a reading." He sneered.

"So? Fuck off Octavian," Octavian's face was priceless, "He has two recommendations. Go away,"

"Y-yeah, but- but you-"

Isabella stared at him with an emotionless face, "Frank, this is Octavian Thurinus, he is the Augur and the Roman legacy of Apollo and a huge jerk... You have to go with him for a reading and we shall then decide to give you a cohort."

Frank trailed behind as Octavian stormed off.

↽⋯⇁

"Hurry up!" Snapped Octavian. Frank was trying to push through the mass of bodies that crowded the dining hall.

Octavian stormed up to Reyna. "He can stay," He gritted through his teeth

Reyna faced the taller boy. "Pardon me?"

"He can stay," He said a little more clearly. Isabella stood by and watched the exchange, looking slightly amused.

Reyna raised her hand, most chatter quieted down "SENATUS POPULUSQUE ROMANUS!!!"

In that instant, all chatter quieted down. "Today, a new member joins us, Frank Zhang, what cohort will vouch for him."

Chatter erupted in the room, everyone wondering who would vouch for the kid.

Hazel jumped up in the air, "I'll do it." Isabella put a hand on her shoulder and whispered in her ear, Hazel looked stricken but quieted down.

It became silent in the dining hall while everyone was looking around at who was going to take the man-baby looking kid. Isabella watched as heads were spiraling glancing at each other, she then proceeded to look at Frank who had one bead of sweat trickling down the side of his face.

Just as he accepted defeat, Isabella slowly raised her hand, "I vouch for Frank Zhang, and the troubles that come with him," Murmurs broke out at the fact that the blessing of Mars herself would vouch for a sole camper.

"Fifth Cohort, will you as a cohort, vouch for Frank Zhang?"

Numerous affirmative shouts sounded. Right then, it was decided, Frank was joining the Fifth Cohort.

↽⋯⇁

"These are the Fifth Cohort barracks, this is where you will be sleeping." Isabella stopped in front of a neatly made bed that looked unused in the barrack closest to the dining hall.

Frank started leaning down to put his stuff under the bed, Isabella grabbed his arm to stop him.

"If I were you, I wouldn't place your things down yet. There are some campers with grabby hands here, especially in this cohort,"

Frank quickly snatched up his bag and put it on his back. Isabella laughed at him and thought for a second about her old days in the fifth cohort, she specifically chose this bunk for Frank.

"However, there should be a loose floorboard that you can hide your things in," She gave him a smile and jumped onto the bed. Frank tried to raise an eyebrow at her but failed miserably,

"You're not going to help me?" Frank grinned, "Nope," Isabella said, popping the 'p'.

Frank started feeling around the floor and his fingers were just spread pressing down everywhere he could. Finally, his fingers pushed and shifted a floorboard. Frank looked around and picked it up, shoving his bag inside and putting the board back where it was. He stood back up and raised a hand to Isabella. She took his hand, helped herself up and they started walking outside.