38 | watch me burn

| meliorism |
chapter thirty-eight

| meliorism |chapter thirty-eight

  ҉  ҉  ҉

    There was once a time where everything was less complicated, and they didn't know it. There was once a time their lives were taking the right course, but one event changed everything. There was once a time in their lives were they were naive, and despite all the childish arguments and drama, they had everything they wanted. But there was no going back, not anymore.

There were moments were she wanted to go back and feel something other than the way she did at the moment. But the past was the past, and their were living in the moment. Thinking of the past was selfish, if you didn't do the right thing then, how could stand there and pretend you would do it differently?

Rhena had a battle in her mind, like everyone else, like she always had. She tried to hide it, pretend she was alright, but that wasn't fair, not to herself and her family.

    The moment Rhena had stepped back into their lives, they all saw a change. Deep inside, she knew they were tiptoeing around her, they didn't know the extent of her. So she tried to act as normal as she could, like the days where she was oblivious of everything. But it wasn't easy, not when she had so many contained emotions, feelings and memories that were going to explode at some point.

She couldn't blame them, she was afraid of herself too.

    One of the good parts that can with her arrival, was that there were no more se that's about who was who. For the first, she could act as close to herself in front of her friends. At least this time, she knew what was happening. So for the last few weeks, she had tried to act like everything was normal, not alarming anyone of her future actions.

    Caroline threw another rock at her, and immediately, Rhena made it explode. The blonde tried to use her speed and strength to caught her best friend by surprise, but each time, Rhena caught her in the move.

    Now that they realized they were similar, the two had began to train their abilities with each other, along with Tyler. Sometimes he would join, but most of the times, he simply observed, looking concentrated.

    Rhena shot a look at Tyler, who was drawing in his sketch book, he had been very silent the whole morning. She looked away, not wanting to be intrusive. This time, they were training in a clearing in the woods, where no one would bother them. Caroline speed towards her, trying to take her down, but Rhena saw her move and smiled before catching her arm and hitting her ankle, causing the blonde to fall down, again.

    At the sight of it, Tyler began to laugh, and Caroline glared at him, sticking her tongue out. Rhena shook her head at the childish behavior and extended her hand towards her friend, who took it with a huff.