Chapter 7: Here We Go

< when I'm with her, even my demons dress up for dinner and behave >

- The Poetry Bandit.

Nickolas's PoV:

Today is the day.
I'd never thought I'd be waiting impatiently down the isle, tying myself down to another soul at the age of 26.
Pretty young, if you ask me.
Though the problem is that my father didn't bother asking for my opinion. He just took the decision and left me dealing with the consequences.

I've known Aria for about a few days.
Definitely not long enough to rush into marriage.

I'm at the wedding venue, getting dressed up in my tuxedo for the wedding.
Andrè, who is making sure I don't mess this up is my best man.

"Hey dude, how are you feeling?"
He asks thinking this will have some sort of effect on me. He's wrong.

"Besides signing my life away? Pretty nice" I wanted to reply with 'peachy' but that just sounds too far.

Who even says the word peachy?

"Aren't you like nervous or something? This is supposed to be your moment bro" he offers jokingly.

"If I was getting married for real, yeah maybe then. Here I'm getting married to someone I don't have feelings towards "
I explain my valid point of view to him.

He shrugs it off "Just careful buddy, you might fall in love with your wife, you never know " the warning stirs something inside of me, especially the words 'your wife'.

Guess there's no turning back at this point, huh?

"That's almost impossible man. I don't have any feelings for her, and I'm not developing any" I scurry away any thoughts of actually falling in love with her. Maybe to the outer world we'll have to pretend sometimes. But that's it.

"So if you're not falling for your wife, can I? The chick is extremely beautiful "
My eyes snap to his, and the amusement emanating lacing his tone tells me he's joking.

"No one's falling for my wife. Not you, not anyone else.
And not now, not ever.
Besides, you have a girlfriend "
I speak in a particularly low serious tone to get my point across.

A few moments of gracing silence are interrupted by my dad entering the room.
"Come on son, you should be waiting at the altar" and with that, we follow him outside into the unknown.

It's been a few moments, and the guests had already taken their places on their designated seats.
I'm standing on the altar, with Andrè behind me as my best man.
The minister is a few feet away from me, both of us waiting for Aria so we can be bound together by sacred matrimonial bond. Marriage.

My nerves are tingling me in this impatient waiting for her to walk out through the door at any moment now.

A song crescendos and the huge mahogany doors open with a sound that feeds off the silence. And in walks Aria looking like she just walked out of my dreams.
Her dress very simple, nevertheless sophisticated.
At the same time, her make up was done to accentuate her edgy sharp features in a natural way.

She walks slowly, with her dad on her side and a girl, I'm assuming her maid of honor trailing behind slowly.

With every step she takes forward in my direction, my heart clenches a bit more.

By the end of the aisle, Mr. Armington leaves her side and she stands across from me. Those gorgeous emerald eyes boring into my soul.

I think for a few seconds I forget how to breathe, under her scrutinizing look.

The minister blabbers on and I block him out, my only focus is the beauty queen standing in front of me.

She slips her gentle hands in mine, and I swear I was surprised to discover she's real. Not a figment of my imagination.

The minister's words are now clear enough for me to hear and we each speak our vows into existence.

"Do you Nickolas Philip Velez take Aria Alison Armington to be your wife? To hold each other through good and bad times. To cherish each other through health and sickness. Promising to remain faithful to this marriage?"

"Yes, I do " I answer, and clapping sounds from our guests can be heard.

"Do you Aria Alison Armington take Nickolas Philip Velez to be your husband ? To hold each other through good and bad times. To cherish each other through health and sickness. Promising to remain faithful to this marriage?"

My heartbeat is louder than a boom box.

"Yes, I do"

Relief floods through me like a river does after drought.

"I, by the power granted to me by the state, announce you husband and wife"

Andrè pulls out the rings from his pocket.
Hers has a huge emerald greenstone in the middle circled by diamonds, and mine was simply embedded by small emerald green-stones and diamonds.

I firstly, had my PA pick out a plain diamond ring for her and a silver band for me.
Nevertheless, after meeting her for the first time, getting transfixed by those emerald eyes of hers, I went personally shopping and had these custom made rings.

I slip her ring on, and she does the same as well to me.

"Now, Mr. Velez you may kiss your bride" the moment the words left the minister's tongue, I instantly crashed my lips down to her plump ones.

•••

The wedding is over now, after hours of responding to congratulatory sentences at our reception.
We finally get to go home now.

I sigh as we pull up to my house, well our house now.
It's located at the out skirts of town, in a secluded area for 3 mile radius. I like privacy.

I get out of the car and rush to her side to open the door for her.
She's been in those 4 inch heels since the morning probably. She must be beaten.

We make our way to the house, her following me when I introduce her to the different parts of it.

•••

A/N:

Dun dun dun...

Here we go!

If you liked this chapter, please vote and comment ❣️