Chapter 68: Meaning of birth (part 2)

He took the new cubs to the living room to introduced them to the other cubs. Xie Luan then went to the indoor pool, wanting to bring over the two cubs who lived in the pool as well.

Unlike in the past, the mermaid cub had already swam up to the edge and begun calling out to him before he even neared the pool.

"Papa, papa~" Azure eyes followed the youth as he walked over and the mermaid cub immediately started swaying his small tail under the surface. He looked very happy.

Having heard his footsteps, Gale knew that his parents were back. The little mermaid had at once emerged from the bottom of the pool and swam to the edge, waiting. The moment he saw the youth, he began to lightly sway his tail.

Xie Luan squatted down to stroke the mermaid cub's short light golden hair. Xia Qi had told him that the baby would swim up to the edge of the pool every day and gaze towards the door. He must have been waiting for him to come back.

"There are a lot of new babies in the club, I'll take you to meet them."

Xie Luan said this in a soft voice. He first picked up the mermaid cub who was lightly grasping his trousers and then picked up turtle-like moye cub as well. Wrapping them in towels and drying them off, he carried them into the living room together.

The branch all of a sudden had eight more muka cubs. When all the cubs gathered in the living room, the staff in the room couldn't help thinking the same thing— Didn't their club seem to be becoming more and more lively? Especially Xia Qi and Lin Yi felt this way. Having seen the original desolate branch, the scene in front of them was a sharp contrast to the one from their memory.

Moreover, the cubs in the club were having a good time, they did not have the listless appearance from before. This was how a cub raising club should be like.

Because he had been away for a little longer this time, when Xie Luan returned to the living room, he was nearly drowned by cubs who wanted to climb up on him. Coaxing them one by one he was only then able to regain control of the situation.

After properly coaxing them, Xie Luan got away from the surrounding cubs for the time being and began preparing the cubs' dinner together with the other caretakers. While brewing milk powder and pouring it into the small bottles, Xie Luan asked Xia Qi a question without warning, "When was Nick sent to our branch? Xia Qi, do you still remember?"

Being asked so suddenly, it was difficult for Xia Qi to recall the exact time. She shook her head and replied, "I don't remember, but there are records of the cubs' stay here. If you want to know, we can go check the records later."

After saying this, Xia Qi added a sentence with some doubt, "Why do you suddenly ask this?"

"It's nothing.... It's just, I want to have a birthday celebration for the cub."

A birthday celebration should normally be held on the day one was born, but Xie Luan felt that the day this muka cub came to Yunbao branch was also very memorable. This year, he wanted to celebrate this cub's birthday.

Hearing what he said, Xia Qi, who originally only was somewhat puzzled, now had even more questionmarks on her face.

"Birthday celebration...?" Xia Qi hesitatingly repeated the strange noun that had come from the youth's mouth. She understood the literal meaning of a birthday, but she did not understand the meaning of "birthday celebration".

Hearing the other's questioning tone, it took Xie Luan a few seconds to reply. He first then realized that the alien races may not have the concept of celebrating birthdays.

"A birthday celebration is exactly as it sounds, it's to celebrate the day the cub came into the world."

Putting together the words, Xie Luan tried to describe it as simple as possible, "However, for Nick's birthday this year, I want to celebrate the day he came to our club."