Ten

"so in order to solve for x

"so in order to solve for x...."

taehyun wasn't listening. what for, anyway? after all, he obviously already understood. their scores were neck and neck with each other. top marks, perfect grades, good looks, many friends, good reputation- taehyun's got it all. perfect student or i should say.

anyone would die to be him, basically. he seemed like he have everything. but of course, ever so perfect people are always hiding something. touché, perhaps. but it is what it is.

taehyun lived his whole life with his sister. no mom, no dad. the two struggled to even keep a roof over their heads and provide food on the table. that's why taehyun was so diligent. he wanted to be successful so both he and his sister will live a better life.

sometimes— no. all the time, he even feels bad for his sister who works 3 part-time-jobs despite still being in school. she barely slept and always had dark eye bags under her eyes due to the lack of sleep.

when taehyun was living with his sister, he used to do the housework, but now that he is living in dorms that is no longer necessary. although he was hesitant to move out, his sister insisted that she could take care of herself.

however, regardless of living in dorms, taehyun visits her at least thrice a week. the two have a very good relationship and love each other very dearly. but anyway, back to the story.

"we have to substitute the values with- wait are you even listening?" chaeryeong asked at the male who was looking at her with pure adoration. sighing, chaeryeong knew this was going to happen, "taehyun!" she exclaimed, waving her hands in front of his face. no response.

"kang taehyun!" chaeryeong exclaimed, snapping the boy out of his whipped trance, and then apologizing to everyone for her sudden outburst which kind of shocked some people. once everything calmed down, chaeryeong sighed, sighed before looking at the male.

they made eye contact for a few seconds before taehyun fake cough to divert the attention away, "a-anyways, what were you saying?" he asked to chaeryeong who was now flushed pink.

seeing her in this state, taehyun obviously noticed this and smiled. his heart skipping a beat or two.

and for once...

in many years..

chaeryeong smiled.

a genuine one.

it was a different smile with the ones she shows her friends an family. this one was a smile of embarrassment and adoration at the same time. the girl who never smiled now smiled because of course, everything changes at some point.

 the girl who never smiled now smiled because of course, everything changes at some point