EPILOGUE.

JULY 16, 2019

Jeongguk lied.

He said he'd be there for her when she needed him... but he wasn't.

Whatever Lisa thought that might happen after their little scenario at the rooftop was gone - shattered, blown by the wind.

They didn't get back together - to sum it all up. Instead, they drifted apart, both losing communication and in the process, losing what they had (at least, that's what she thinks so). 

Although, she should've known that the CEO wouldn't let her go that easily.

CEO Hwang had all their phones monitored from SNS down to texts to phone calls. Lisa had no choice but to delete Jeongguk's number and block it, along with any form of communication that they had, forcing her to cut all ties with him.

To say that she was fine was big fat lie - because she wasn't. The days after their break up had caused her to lock herself up in her room, the action taking a toll on her physical and mental health.

But, like always, her members were there for her.

Her self-wallowing only lasted for three days before they got impatient.

Jennie almost broke the door of her bedroom simply by just kicking it multiple times until it fell ("Here I come kick in the door was your line yet here I am," were Jennie's first words when she saw her). When they dragged her out, she was taken to the kitchen were a variety of food were laid out - all prepared by Jisoo.

Lisa didn't really talk to them after that, just answered with a yes or a no, but they understood. At night, Chaeyoung would go to her room and sing her to sleep - which, yet again, brought back a certain memory of a certain boy singing to her a long time ago.

From then on, Lisa tried to take her mind off things by shopping. It was Jennie that suggested it and had practically forced her to do so. It became a coping mechanism that her members didn't mind even if she brought home countless bags of clothes, shoes, and jewelry (that she didn't even need).

So here she was again, walking in another mall in Myeongdong with her personal bodyguard in tow. Lisa had to admit - the bodyguard wasn't bad at all. He was a bit shy and eccentric, but it was fine. She could take it.

She was standing outside her fifth shop now, eyes trained on the clothes inside and contemplating.

"You can stay here," Lisa finally decided, turning to him, "I'll browse through some stuff and maybe buy a few. You can place the bags on the floor if you find them too heavy."

Her bodyguard was indeed struggling as he tried to hold fifteen bags altogether. Lisa felt bad for the guy but she needed to get rid of him for a moment.

He nodded and she took this as a cue to enter the store.

As Lisa entered, she went to the shirts section picked a few that best suited her taste. She was all about oversized shirts now so she got three, then a dress, and tiny earrings that she could wear in her newly pierced ear.

The saleslady led her to one of the fitting rooms on the other side of the store and Lisa thanked her as she said, "I'll be assisting another customer for now, miss. If you need me, I'll just be outside."