Advice

Both girls emit a sigh resting their heads against each other's.
"If it makes you feel any better, we've got muffins now. D-Do you want me to get some?" Lapis asked looking over at Peridot.
     Peridot nodded. Lapis got up from her spot on the couch to grab two muffins for the two girls. She returned handing a lemon muffin to Peridot who once more smiled and took the muffin silently eating it.
     Lapis glanced over at Peri, wanting desperately to get her out of her shell.

"Hey, are you alright?" Lapis asked.
Peridot nodded and continued eating her muffin.

The two sat in awkward silence for another 20 minutes eating the muffins and staring into the distance until Lapis got a text from Sapphire.

Sapphire: Hey Lapis! I heard about what happened to Peridot. I'm so sorry that happened. Since we're on our lunch period, Garnet and Ruby thought it might be nice to stop by and leave you two a little token of condolence, but only if that's alright with you.

"Hey," Lapis said glancing over at Peridot
Peridot glanced back in acknowledgment.
       "Sapphire, Ruby and Garnet offered to pop in and check on you, but only if you're ok with that," Lapis said. She placed her hand on Peridot's shoulder as she awaited her response.
     Still slightly too anxious to speak, Peridot only briefly nodded before burying her head into Lapis's shoulder without thinking much. All she wanted at the time was the feeling of comfort it provided. In response, Lapis wrapped her arms around Peridot, pulling her into a hug, but let go a minute later.
      "Would you like me to put the TV back on?" Lapis asked reaching for the remote control. Peridot nodded in response while Lapis put on the TV and adjusting the channel and volume to Peridot's liking.

About 17 minutes later, the two heard a knock at the door. Lapis got up and walked to the door. Just for cautionary purposes, Lapis looked through the peephole to see Garnet standing behind Ruby and Sapphire, who were each carrying a basket. She opened the door for the three who almost immediately yet calmly walked over to Peridot, giving words of sympathy to her.

"Hey, Peridot. We heard what happened, are you ok?" Sapphire asked setting down her basket, which, was now visible to be carrying piles of blankets, some new hoodies, a neck pillow, a box of chocolate candies and a few books.

She nodded, glancing back over at Lapis for self-reassurance.

Lapis walked back over to her and sat beside her on the futon.

"How is ya doing, Peridot?" Ruby asked walking towards the futon and leaning against the arm.

Peridot shrugged as Lapis began caressing her hair, to which she released the tension in her neck, sinking her head into the pillow allowing and practically encouraging Lapis to continue, which she did.

     "We brought you some gifts," Sapphire added in an attempt to be encouraging. Ruby then placed her basket next to Sapphire's on the table, which was carrying two XBOX game CDs, a box of assorted cookies, doughnuts and other pastries, a humorous sympathy card with several profanities and a coffee mug. Garnet was carrying a large box of assorted sweets and cashews with an inspirational card taped to the top. As the three sat around the futon starting a small conversation, Lapis turned to Garnet and asked

      "Hey, I could use your help," Lapis said slightly timidly.

      "I'm all ears," Garnet replied calmly.

      "I need your advice. How do I help her feel better?"

     "Well, what have you tried? 'Cause to me, it seems she's doing a whole lot better," Garnet replied gesturing to Peridot, who now had her head rested on Lapis's lap and was appearing calmer.

      "Well, I've made food for her, I spoke to her when she needed, stayed near her but still in a respectful distance unless requested, I've been very careful with what I bring up, I take extreme precautions when it comes to physical contact due to her injuries, but that's about it," Lapis replied.

      "I would say you're talking all the correct precautions," Garnet said. "Just make sure not to baby her."

      "Noted. Is there anything else I should do?" Lapis asked.

      Garnet paused for a minute but then spoke up. "Well, what were some things you did after this happened to you that made you feel better?" Garnet asked.

     Lapis sat and thought for a second.

     "I used to stroll through that community garden a couple of blocks away from here. But I never had any company in doing so. I was always alone."

     "That's a good idea, but it would be best not to leave Peridot alone for too long right now." "Why don't you walk with her?"

      "..soreness. I-I've been r-really sore after the—" Peridot paused. A few more tears formed in her eyes at the near mention of the events of the previous night.

      "I get it. You don't have to go now, but some practice walking would benefit you."

"Would you want to do that?" Lapis asked, keeping her voice hushed.

Peridot nodded in response.

"Our classes are about to start. But there is something rather important I should share," Garnet said getting up and facing her.
      "I told this to Lapis when this happened to her and I will tell this to you. Your body is yours to give but not hers to take. It was wrong of her to take advantage of you, but it wasn't your fault she couldn't keep her hands to herself."

      "Your body is still yours, and yours only. she can't take that from you," Sapphire added.

"You can't take the blame for her screw-ups!" Ruby interjected.
"You're still beautiful, and you're still you," Lapis said adding to the encouragement.

"T-Thanks," Peridot said as the three then left the dorm room.

"Well, we got some new games, wanna play?" Lapis asked grabbing a controller and handing it to her.