𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 : 14

It had taken you several days of your recovery time to process the fact that the Emperor and the first knight were the same people. It was still a great shock, but now, you found that it explained a bounteous amount of things. Whenever the Emperor was busy, the first knight was never around. However, when the Emperor was alone presumably doing paperwork, he must have snuck out of his office as the first knight to visit you since it was always so late into the night. You had not been able to leave the Emperor's private quarters to check on Octavi, for the Emperor had grown attached to you and wanted to keep you as safe as possible - just like he promised.

"When can I visit Octavi, your majesty?" You queried the Emperor. You had been deep in thought and were receiving regular reports on Octavi's wellbeing, yet couldn't help but still feel worried for him. You would continue to stress yourself on his health until you could see him happy and well, once again.

"You can visit him when I say so. You had a near-death experience [Name]. You aren't going to recover so quickly. The royal doctor advised you to get some rest. Since you have been giving the maids such a hard time looking after you, I have to do it myself. Besides, I'm sure Octavi would want me to protect you right now while you're in such a vulnerable state." The Emperor reminded you for at least the fifth time. No matter how many times you asked him that question, his calm and collected expression never seemed to waver. It failed to annoy him in any sort of way. Instead, he just smiled ever so slightly every time you spoke.

"I admit, I perhaps shouldn't have told the maid that the ring her fiancé gave her had a false diamond upon it. But I think I would just feel more guilty not telling her the truth." You confessed, feeling moderately ashamed that you had broken the news to her in a not so delicate way. Being a tailor called for these sorts of things, you needed to know whether you were getting the material or products your providers promised you.

"You seem to be very honest. At least, you have always been honest with me." The Emperor hummed. You were currently sat upon the Emperor's bed, not daring to object to how kind he was treating you, especially after the first time he had met you. After all, Kai always said that 'first impressions are last impressions.'

"I have, actually. I'm very proud of that." You beamed with pride, crossing your arms and sticking your nose in the air while you laid against the headboard of the bed.

The moonlight gently poured into the young Emperor's bedroom as he looked at you with great intent, a grin softening his features. "What is it like in Intuuin?" He asked, tilting his head to the right as he scooted over to sit next to you on his bed, making sure to keep himself a comfortable distance away.

"This is your kingdom, and you live in it right now. What is there about Intuuin that you don't know about?" You retorted, a confused tone lacing your voice as you looked over at the man. He peered out the window, a tired sigh leaving his lips as he gently untied the wine red ribbon tying back his hair, permitting his dark locks to drip down his shoulders.

"Well, I stay in this palace most of the time. Whenever I leave, everything is still formal and serious; everything is just the same as inside. You were correct when I first met you. I can't appreciate the beauty of this empire that I rule. Everything here belongs to me, but I don't know anything at all about Intuuin. Yes, I do the paperwork, guard the hopes of my people, and do pretty much everything to keep this empire running. But I don't know what it feels like to live in Intuuin—as the average person, going about their merry working day. I feel nearly self-conscious at times. I am happy to serve the people of Intuuin and give them the best I can; still, I need to know." He took a deep breath. "[Name], what is Intuuin to you?" He said, his head now craning towards you as he rested it against the headboard, a small frown landing on his face. His blood-red eyes expressed wonder about the outside world; how it's like to step out of his shoes.