Chapter 8 - Decisions

Elena's POV

I sat there with the phone still next to my ear as I made my final decision, a decision I know has consequences.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll message him, Dad. Don't worry. Alright, I love you too. Bye." I spoke into a silent phone.

I then brought it away from my ear before glancing up to meet Angelo's gaze.

"I just need to text my brother to calm him down too." I lied. His eyes, at first, narrowed on me before signaling for me to continue.

I tilted the phone slightly, away from his view but discreetly enough to not raise any suspicions. I went into the phone's settings, scrolled all the way down to the last option. Once I entered the file, the option I was in search of appeared on the screen. Factory data reset. Everything on this phone will be wiped... Erased...

My eyes made a quick movement upwards, looking at him as he pushed himself off of the wall. It's now or never, Elena. I clicked the option and watched as the phone began wiping all the information. Within seconds, the chosen option had been carried out but Angelo was now in front of me. I glanced up and saw his eyes scan over my phone's screen. His jaw tensed as his eyes went darker. He was about to explode on me and I knew my next move would surely cause more trouble, but I needed to make certain.

I shot up from my seating position, sidestepped him and pulled my arm back. I threw my phone, with all my available force, at the wall. I watched as it flew in the air, cracking the glass as it connected with the wall. The rest of the phone's body smashed away before it bounced off and landed on the floor. I swallowed the lump in my throat, nervous to turn around and meet the demon I had just elicited.

I turned around slowly, glancing up to his face. He stood there, mouth agape while staring at the wall. It took him a moment to process what I had just done. Soon after, I watched him shut his mouth, he gritted his teeth and his jaw clenched tightly. His hands balled into fists and his pupils dilated, that beautiful earthy color turning into contrasted darkness. His eyes covered over like a gathering of clouds ready to unleash its torrent wrath upon the world.

His eyes finally found mine, his lethal stare piercing me instantly. I could feel his disdained coldness from where I stood. I felt myself take a step back, but I never looked away. I never took my eyes off of him.

"Fucking unbelievable." He spoke through gritted teeth. He started taking steps towards me, my feet instinctively taking steps back.

"You just have to keep on acting like a bitch, don't you? You just keep on pushing and pushing. Tell me, Amore (love), what are you going to do when the monster you keep poking at snaps?"

I felt my back hit the wall, indicating to me that I had nowhere else to go. He was still a few steps away, making me too confident when I turned to move. He sped up and caught me, his arm around my waist. He pulled me back, using both his hands to shove my body in front of him.

He had me trapped against the wall, his body covering any space to escape. He leaned his fists on either side of my head, leaning in closer.

"I've had enough of your attitude! There is only one reason why you would do that! You don't want me to know who you are! Who the fuck are you!!?" He growled at me.

I closed my eyes, not wanting to look into his pools of terror.

"Eva Vi-" I tried.

"BULLSHIT!!" He roared at me, causing my head to turn to the side and away from his scorching breathe on my face.

He pulled back his one fist, then slammed it hard into the wall, next to my head. My body flinched slightly as my eyes widened, staring at his fist that was now beginning to bleed down his knuckles from the impact.