Chapter 4 ~ Hello Alola!

"Dear passengers, we ask you to fasten your seat belt as the flight to Alola is now beginning to land"

Serena gasped awake at the announcement. She had fallen asleep against the window sash and wondered how long she could have slept there. It wasn't long, she was sure.

However, she quickly put on her seatbelt and checked that everything was packed. At the same time, her thoughts wandered to the dream she had seen as she slept.

In her dream:

She had walked on the beach. It had been evening and the sun was setting. Serena had been alone, had none of her Pokémon, and no one had accompanied her. She had walked along the shoreline and enjoyed the breeze from the sea.

She had been walking for a while and suddenly someone was standing in front of her. It had been Ash. He had looked the same as they were traveling around Kalos, with a red cap in his head and a blue jacket slightly open. He hadn't been with Pikachu.

Serena had run straight into his lap. She had hugged Ash for a long time and Ash had responded to the hug. "I missed you," Serena said breathlessly and withdrew slightly from his hug. Ash had looked directly into her bright blue eyes and answered "Me too," and Serena had noticed that their faces were very close together. So close that Serena had looked directly at Ash's auburn eyes. Slowly their faces were getting closer to each other and Serena had closed her eyes...

And the stupid announcement had interrupted the whole dream.

Serena thought her dream. Could it really happen? No, stupid to think so, it was very, very, very unlikely that Ash would now, for some reason, happen to be in Alola at the same time as her, and adding the variables that make the reality that Ash also feels something other than friendship with Serena (or even that) was negligible. So small that it didn't even exist. No, it was better to just forget such dreams and concentrate on just the holidays. That would be best for everyone, especially Serena herself.

****

The flight now began landing at Alola Airport, and Serena could see from her window the four large islands that the information text had told her. The plane seemed to land on the largest of them (A/N: I don't know if Melemele is actually the largest of the four islands but in this story, it is) which Serena thought was Melemele, she had read that Alola's only airport was there. Serena made sure everything was now packed and then looked out the window as the outline of the island widened as the plane landed on it.

A little while later...

The plane had now completely landed at the airport and, after being allowed to leave, Serena took her bag and quickly exited the plane.

She was the first to feel the salty sea breeze, and she could see the shoreline farther away. Serena walked quickly across the airport, and as she had no luggage other than a small backpack, she did not have to wait for her luggage to arrive.

She slid through humans and Pokémon, and when she finally made her way out of the airport, she pulled her lungs full of sea air and breathed freely. Finally! Now the holiday could well begin!

"Hello Alola!" Serena exclaimed excitedly and then said to herself, "Oh, I completely forgot. Okay, everyone! Come on out!"

She dug the Pokeballs out of her bag and pointed them to the ground. In the blink of an eye, her Pokémon were all out and making happy cries:

"Brai-braixen!"

"Syl-veoon!"

"Cham-Cham-pan!"