°23°

Donghyuck POV 

"Should I kill you or not? That's the question little angel." 

His grip around my neck was suffocating me and I tried to get his claws off of my neck. The devil only laughed and tightened the grip.  His two red horns appeared on top of his head and I was able to see his features because of the reddish glow. He almost looked like a normal vampire, if he didn't have bat wings or those way too long claws. 

"P-Please..." I whispered and all he did was to chuckle and tighten the grip. 

I could already feel the hot blood coloring the floor and a sharp pain filled my neck. Suddenly, two other pairs of wings were heard and the two other devils landed behind the devil that was almost killing me. 

"Hansol!" A voice shouted from behind and the devil turned his head to the owner. "Get off of him!" The same devil took him off and I was finally able to breathe. 

"Aish, look what you've done." 

The second voice was the one of a girl. She helped me get up and hissed when she saw what her friend did to me. 

"Apologize." She barked and slapped the devil called Hansol who rolled his eyes. 

"Sorry..." He mumbled and sent me a glare, making me understand that he didn't mean the words. 

I placed a hand on my neck and the silver blood colored my palm when I took it off. How strange it was for me to see silver instead of red, but I had to adapt or else I'll just go crazy. 

The third devil walked forward and scanned me. He frowned and then sighed as if his job was worse than he thought. When he stepped forward, I backed away as I didn't want to get too close. I knew that running away was no option as they were too fast for my legs, so my only solution was to back away as far as I could. 

"Poor little thing." 

A soft hand on my back made me flinch and I was met by the fourth devil. The girl giggled and smirked at me before she went to the tall devil that was still walking forward. 

"Will you stop backing away?" He barked and I stopped, as if his words had an effect only on my legs because my brain was still telling me to run. "If we would have been ordered to kill you, Hansol would have beheaded you already." 

"Why should I believe you?" I asked and the tall devil looked as if he just got hit. 

I could already read his thoughts, Was this kid really serious? Am I a joke to him? What's wrong with this society? I chuckled at the last one. 

"He reads minds Sehun." One of the girls said and stepped closer to me and I backed away again. Her hand touched my forehead and I froze. "What a strange angel." She whispered and then took off her hand and smiled. "I can freeze people." 

"And I can kill you if you won't leave him alone Yeri!" 

Sehun pushed her away and leaned closer. A smirk was formed his lips. 

"Take him." 

I didn't have time to react as Hansol took me by my shoulders and the next second we were no longer on the rooftop of the school. 

The castle before my eyes were twice bigger than the whole school and it was made by black stones from Hell. Sehun pushed me forward and when I looked up at the gargoyles from the gates, I was sure they were alive, their eyes glowing in red. 

"Don't worry, Satan won't kill you that easily." 

The devil called Yeri spoke and chuckled. Was she serious? I was far away from the school which they said it would protect its students and now I was going to meet Satan himself and she thought joking around would be funny? 

She stumbled when Hansol bumped into her. 

"You're pathetic Yeri." 

The girl hissed and soon, they were fighting each other in the air. 

I tried to look around. Yes, there was no way out of there, maybe by flying, but I didn't know how to fly so that was not an option. A wide pair of doors were opened by some hideous orcs and the two remaining devils led me inside the dark castle. 

There were red torches everywhere and some maids that didn't look too alive. Bad spirits, I thought when we walked past one. Spirits which didn't even reach the real hell.

I was led up some marble stairs and I had the courage to look down. My heart almost stopped when I saw nothing under the stairs we were stepping on, only darkness and sometimes, you could hear some horrible shouts. 

"Why is he hurt?" A very well-known voice asked in a high pitched tone and I widened my eyes when I saw Chenle turning red from anger. "I told you! One small scratch and you're dead!" 

What was HE doing there? 

"Chenle?" 

The young demon pushed the two from his way and scanned my neck. When he was done, he smiled at me and patted my shoulder. 

"Don't worry, you're safe here." 

Safe?? 

He took me by my shoulders and glared at the two devils. I let him lead me on a dark hallway in silence, but I stopped and he did too. 

"What's this?" 

"What do you mean?" 

When he saw my glare, the demon realized what I meant and he rubbed the nape of his beck. He chuckled. 

"Look, I'm not allowed to say this okay so pretend you never heard anything." He leaned closer and whispered into my ear. "Mark told me to get you out of that place." 

When he backed away, he smiled and we started walking again. I didn't say anything as I was too deep into my thoughts, but what did Mark know I didn't? Was this the cause of him almost running away from me? 

 I didn't say anything as I was too deep into my thoughts, but what did Mark know I didn't? Was this the cause of him almost running away from me?