°24°

"Now remember," Johnny took him aside and Mark looked at his leader. "Only talk when you are asked and don't forget to tell the truth." 

"Okay." 

Johnny sighed and he looked as if he wanted to say some more, but he didn't. He just patted Mark's shoulder and they entered the castle where The Mother of the Wolves lived. The young werewolf remembered that place from the day he went with Johnny. 

He was five and that's when he met Jeno and Jisung. That was the day he got accepted in the pack. That was the day which changed his life forever.

They walked inside the palace. It was quiet, only some servants were wandering around. The statues of wolves all turned their heads in their direction when the pack walked past them and Mark was sure as hell that one of them growled at him, but he kept his cold gaze on and ignored the statues.   

Johnny led them up some stone stairs and two maids bowed their heads when they reached a tall gate. One of them opened it and made a sign from her hand that told them they could enter the throne hall. 

The wide room looked just as he remembered it. Wide windows everywhere, a red carpet that led you to the crystal throne where the queen was sitting and guards, lots of guards. 

The Mother of the Wolves, was an immortal half wolf half demon. Her black shining hair was falling down her pale shoulders and when she saw them, her dark eyes became red, just like the eyes only Alpha werewolves had. 

Johnny was the first one to kneel and Mark followed his lead along with the others. Only when the queen snapped her fingers, they stood up. 

"You came earlier than I expected Johnny." 

Her fingers were playing with her long light green dress. 

"I didn't want to make you wait my queen." 

She chuckled and her eyes landed on Mark, making her smile fade quickly. The queen stood up and made her way to the young werewolf. When she reached him, Mark tried to avoid making eye contact with her, but her fingers took him by his chin so he had no other option but to look right in those red eyes. 

Her free hand took his hand and with a claw, she made a cut right into his flesh. She examined the wound and then mumbled some words, leaving him there while she made her way back to her throne. 

"When I first heard from The High Priest, I didn't believe it. I was sure that if one of my werewolves had angel blood in him I would have known already, but guess miracles happen." 

The queen started at him and gave Mark a cold smile. 

"Having angel blood is not the big problem here kid." Mark looked at her and felt small. He wanted to hide somewhere where that gorgeous creature wouldn't find or see him.  "The problem is that you fell into the siren's den and you're now bonded to that young angel. Also, leaving the school lands also is a problem." 

Mark looked in his left, at Johnny, but his leader only looked at the floor. He was ashamed, the young wolf realized, he was so ashamed by his own behavior. 

"May I know what were you doing in the night of the baptism?" 

The queen's voice wasn't too harsh, but she was angry. 

"I...I wanted to see how..." 

"How a baptism is?" She smirked. "And did you see it?" 

Mark shook his head and looked at his feet for some seconds. 

"Was the adventure worth it then?" 

His eyes met hers again. The werewolf had no response to the question. Was it really worth it? He didn't know at all. 

"The wizards will want him dead because he can no longer serve Satan. I suppose Johnny already told you." 

"He did your highness." 

The queen chuckled and nodded. 

"They will want you dead as well now because you're tied to him for eternity. Think about it this way, because of this curse you..." There was a pause. "basically you share one soul." 

Mark frowned. He looked at Johnny, but his expression showed confusion as well. 

"If he dies, you won't die, but your body will become weaker as the days go by and you'll soon want to end your shitty and painful life. I never seen such bond before, maybe it is because he is an angel and not only half. " She paused for a second. "Not even that time when Jaehyun and Taeyong had this power, they never had this kind of bond." 

"That's because Jaehyun is only a quarter an angel and Taeyong was once one before he became a demon, but that was years before that." Johnny replied. 

"True, very true." 

The queen's eyes landed back on Mark who suddenly realized in what kind of situation he was. 

"We must protect you young wolf and we must protect that angel as well." 

Johnny looked at him. Everyone from his pack was staring at him actually. They were making him feel a bit uncomfortable, but the only thing Mark could do was to stare back at his queen. Was the Mother of the Wolves really going to make her people kill for him? Or was she going to start a war? 

 Was the Mother of the Wolves really going to make her people kill for him? Or was she going to start a war?