Part 20: so close

Y/N POV
It's been a couple of weeks since the dragon race and tonight me and Eret are going on our second date. Reason it took so long is because I needed to help Eret with his house. His own home.
-Hey, are you done yet? Speak of the devil. I turn around and see him walk up the stairs.
-It depends... You like it? I ask and back away from the bed. He cocks his head to the side.
-Only one way to know, he says a before plopping down onto it. I giggle as he makes himself comfortable. He looks at me and smirks.
-I really like it, he says. I smile.
-Good... because I'm not remaking it! I say and begin gathering my stuff. Eret gets up from the bed and helps me. He walks me down the stairs and out the door. I turn and see him leaning on the doorframe.
-So I'll get you at 6? He says.
-5:30, I smirk.
-5:30 it is, Eret smiles. I begin backing away.
-See you later neighbor, I say and walk just two houses down, waving at him.

Third person POV
Eret can't help but to smile at the girl that owned his heart. She played his heartstrings like a guitar. Eret smiles to himself before closing his door and looking around. Everything was perfectly painted. He carefully puts his hand on the pole that supports his stairs, that is painted red. Y/N and him had been painting all day that day. He smiles at the memory.
At the same time, Y/N was changing out of her work clothes to something more stylish. Tonight, she was dressing to impress.
-I get it, you have a date! Be home before 10! Snotlout said to her and walked out the front door. But Y/N wasn't listening, she couldn't. The beating of her heart was louder than any voice. She smiles as she brushes her hair to make it look not so frizzy. When she's done, she smiles at herself. Her beating heart was interrupted by a knock on the door. She smiles even bigger and runs down the stairs to open the door. There stands Eret, as handsome as ever, holding a basket.
-Hi, she smiles. Eret's mouth opens in awe.
-Uh, Hello, hi! he stammers. Y/N giggles and Eret holds out his arm.
-Let's go, shall we? He asks and Y/N nods.
-Absolutely! We shall! She says happily. She closes the door and happily grabs Eret's arm.

Eret leads Y/N up a hill and up on a cliff. The same cliff that they were on with the other young adults.

Y/N POV
-What are we doing here? I ask.
-Well, uh... I know that last time you were up here, we had bad company, Eret tells me and puts down the basket, making me let go of his arm.
-So, I decided to come back up here... he starts and lays up a blanket.
-With some good company, he finishes and smiles up at me.  I smile and sit down on the blanket. He sits down next to me and I look out on the ocean.
-Food? Eret asks. I look at him as he holds out a couple of sandwiches.
-Yes please, I say and he gives me a sandwich.
We eat and he tells me stories of dragon hunting.

-And then what? I ask, taking the last bite of my sandwich.
-Well... Then a couple of dragon riders flew into sight, he says and looks at me. I lean forward in anticipation.
-And... one of them had a night fury. So we tried to shoot them down. But one of them, a girl, she dodged every single net, he says. I nod.
-And she was... godlike... she swung down on her dragon and it looked so majestic. She landed and she was so sassy and I just, he continues and shakes his head. Then he looks over at me. And I laugh in realization.
-Me? I ask. He nods.
-Majestic? I ask.
-Yeah! Eret says.
-No, I laugh and Eret laughs with me.

When the laughter dies down, I look out towards the horizon. I see the boats softly rocking back and forth on the waves. The sun has just begun setting and it's rays are sending a warm glow onto the earth. I sigh happily as a cool breeze flows by.
-It's beautiful... I say and look at Eret. He smiles warmly at me.
-You're beautiful... He says. I feel small explosions go off in my stomach and my face turns red.
-You think so...? I ask and lean towards him a bit.
-Yeah... I do... He says and leans towards me. I continue to lean in a bit. He carefully puts a hand on my neck, his thumb softly caressing my cheek. I close my eyes when I feel his breath against my skin.... and I continue to lean in....
-Hey! I hear, making me and Eret jump away from each other. I look towards the person that shouted and there is Snotlout and Hookfang. Hookfang is glowing red and radiating heat. I groan.
-What do you want Snotlout? I ask irritatedly.
-Hiccup is having one of his "genius strikes" again, Snotlout says and I sigh.
-And? I ask.
-And he's not going to tell us anything unless we got you, Snotlout says and glares at Eret that smiles awkwardly and waves at my brother. I sigh and stand up.
-Hey, where are you going? Eret asks.
-I'm so sorry Eret, but when Hiccup asks for me, I need to be there, I smile apologetically at him.
-But-but, Eret says, face flushed. I back towards the edge of the cliff.
-Thank you for the date Eret, I smile.
-I'll pay you back for this, I promise! I say and take a seat behind Snotlout on the warm saddle.
-A-alright! He says.
-Tea at yours tomorrow! I'll bring snacks, I smile and blow him a kiss. I notice that Snotlout turns mad and immediately flies away.
-You're so overprotective much, I scold him, feeling mad at him, and Hiccup, for ruining my date.
-Yeah, yeah, whatever, Snotlout says as we land outside Hiccups house.