Chapter Thirty-Two.

Finn

Avery genuinely surprises me every damn day. But her telling me that she wants to have sex not even a half hour after we were fighting has to be up there with one of the most surprising things she's done yet.

Honestly, I would of probably done it if I had protection on me. But I always just assumed it would happen at my place and obviously was not expecting her to tell me she was ready that day. I guess that's why guys keep some in their wallets. I always thought that was really douchey but now I think I'm going to have to start doing it. I put some in my car too, just to be safe.

It's about a week and a half later now and I'm skating around the rink with my phone in my hand as I'm waiting for her to respond to my text message.

Finn: Doing a few laps then I'm heading out. You home from work yet?

Aves: literally just walked through the door

Aves: i'm so hungry

Aves: can we get chipotle

Aves: or pizza

Aves: or chipotle

Finn: Chipotle it is. I'll grab it and bring it to you. Same as usual?

Aves: you know my order :')

Aves: yes please

Aves: i literally love you so much

I roll my eyes as I put my phone in my pocket, but have a small smile on my face regardless. It seriously is not hard at all to make her happy. I really got lucky there.

Practice ended around an hour ago, but I didn't feel like getting off the ice just yet. I skated laps and from circle to circle, but now I'm just gliding along the ice as Casey sharpens his blades on the bench.

I go over to him, skating to my edge that slices a layer of ice and creates a wave a snow that hits off the board. I lean my forearms on the ledge, my feet gliding back and forth as I stand there. "I don't understand why you don't have Phil do that."

Phil is our equipment manager/trainer and he sharpens skates better than anyone I have ever met. I never do mine anymore because it will never be as good as when he does it.

He just shrugs as a response. "It's therapeutic. I've always done it myself and I don't want that to change." Fair enough.

I hop over the ledge and grip his shoulder. "Alright, I'm going to head out. See you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, brother."

After I take a very quick body shower, I head back into the dressing room. Everyone has just about cleared out so I keep my headphones in as I get my stuff together.

After everything is packed, I slip on my windbreaker, knowing I sort of look like a bum with my sweats on. I just really could not be bothered to put on my actual clothes. My legs are so sore today and jeans just sound like a nightmare. I'm glad today wasn't a game or else I would have to really sneak out of here so no one sees me.

That's something that's going to be different if I ever make it into the NHL. Players were suits when they arrive to the game, and if they're leaving through a trafficked area they will wear them after too. It's required for us to dress nicely when we come in for games now, but I feel like it's a whole other level when it's the National Hockey League.

I put the rest of my stuff in my bag and strap it over my shoulder as I look at my phone, seeing that Avery told me again that she loves me. I start out of the dressing room with a smile on my face, giving my teammates that are in here a goodbye as I do.