Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Hockey Star's Travel

KENNEDY

"Did you see this?" Sammy asked and held her phone up to me when I walked into the living-room the following day. She was in the middle of eating lunch.

"No, what is it?"

I took the phone from her. It was a news story on one of the social media sites. A closer look showed it was a picture of Nash getting into a car with his arm around a woman. He was looking back at the camera while she stepped into the car ahead of him. It was a typical Nash move. Always a gentleman.

Damn him!

My heart rate picked up and I felt myself getting instantly jealous, which I knew was stupid. Just because we had spent a wonderful evening together, didn't necessarily mean anything. Well, it did to me. I had gotten my hopes up, for sure, but I should know better. I of all people should definitely know better. I had been there from the beginning. I knew what Nash was like. This should not bother me the way it did. Him going into a car with a woman should not bother me the way it did.

So Stupid!

I handed the phone back to Sammy.

"And?" she asked.

"And what? I snapped. "He is out with some girl again."

I was used to it. I had been through it so many times. I should not let it bother me the way it did. Nash was constantly surrounded by beautiful women and he was a young man in the prime of his career, not to mention he was famous, gorgeous, and sexy as hell. And he smelled incredible, and he was warm, and strong...

Of course he was going to be with women. Gorgeous women. Women that were not me...

Shit! Why the hell did I have to care so much?

"Kennedy?" Sammy said to get my attention. "Hello."

"What Sammy?"

She chuckled and held the phone out to me again. "Did you really look at it?"

"No, and I don't want to really look at it, okay?"

I turned on my heel to go back into my room, but she was faster and grabbed a hold of my wrist and pulled me back towards her.

"Just freaking look at who the girl is, Kennedy, and stop being so ridiculously stubborn," she demanded, her tone suddenly more authoritative than normal.

I glared at her but took the phone back anyway. There was a grin on her face, that got bigger as my eyebrows narrowed in confusion. I didn't understand why she was so happy about Nash being out with some woman again? Until I started to really study the picture that is. It took me another second to realize that I was the girl in the photo. My back was towards the photographer so I was impossible to identify, but I knew from what I was wearing that it was me. It was the same clothes that I had worn yesterday and my long dark hair spilled over my back. The caption said "Does Nash Reed have a new girl?"

"Oh." I felt instantly stupid for overreacting like that in front of Sammy. Stupid overreacting like that period, but even more so that I did it in front of her.

"Yeah," she chuckled. "Oh is right."

"Do I even want to know what the actual article says?"

"Probably not. It comments on his history as a womanizer and mostly questions if you are the flavor of the week."

I groaned and handed her the phone back. I definitely didn't want to read that. As happy as I was that Nash wasn't with anybody else, at least as far as I knew, I didn't like the fact that I was in the news. I didn't want attention like that. Nash was used to the media and all his fans being all up in his business. I didn't like it and I never had. I always did my best to avoid that kind of attention. I was perfectly happy being just me. A normal nobody.