「Chapter Fourty One」

The first two hours of book study went by slowly.

"Finally! I got it!" Y/n jumped up in the air, "Yeah, yeah!"

"That was a breeze.." Katsuki grinned as the two quietly made their way to the backyard.

Cold gusts of wind shot through the night sky as the stars above glimmered.

"Alright, how're we gonna train?" Y/n asked.

"Come at me. With.. half power."

"You sure?" She tilted her head and got into a fighting position.

"Let's see if you're predictable." Katsuki got into his stance, his grin still on his face.

"Well.. You asked for it!"

The two brawled it out for 2 hours straight without break- and as soon as time was up, they fell to the ground, covered in sweat and panting.

"Damn.. That was rough.." Y/n groaned.

"That's what she said."

Katsuki and Y/n whipped their heads to the backyard door to see Kyoto laughing.

"Go to bed! What're you doing up so late?" Y/n gasped.

"Got hungry."

Katsuki chuckled to himself.

"Well go to bed, it's really late."

"Katsuki-"

"You heard her kid, go to bed."

Kyoto whined, but shut the sliding door and went to his room.

"So who won that?" Katsuki asked.

Y/n laid on the grass and stared up at the moon, "Nobody won, Katsuki. It was training."

"Fair, I guess." Katsuki shrugged and made his way over to Y/n and laid down next to her.

Y/n felt a sudden warm feeling in her chest, "K-Katsuki, how long have we been friends?"

He paused and tilted his head against the grass, "Almost twelve years?"

"How long.. do you think we will be friends?"

Katsuki opened his mouth to speak, but didn't know what to say. His eyes looked towards Y/n, "What kind of question is that?"

She shrugged.

Katsuki sat up and ruffled his hair, "I'm gonna go shower."

"Go for it." Y/n said and he went back inside the house.

She sat on the grass for 5 minutes before seeing a golden streak fly throughout the sky with a form that Y/n had not seen, but felt as if she had recognized it. She stood up in shock and climbed up a tree and watched it go outside the city and into the mountains.

. . .

"Look how fit he has gotten..!"

"Mom, shh!"

"I'm surprised they're still sleeping.. How late did they stay up?"

"Really late. They were laying outside on the grass together, looking up at the stars.. Ooh la la..!"

"How cute..!"

Katsuki was the first to wake up, "Morning Ms. L/n." He squinted at Kyoto as he sat up, "Kid."

"Morning!" Kozuke awkwardly smiled, "I'll go set the table..!"

Kyoto looked at Katsuki, "So your hair is looking a bit ruffled.."

"Get you and your dirty mind outta here, idiot!" He threw his pillow towards the perverted 12 year old as he quickly shut the door and dodged Katsuki's attack.

He looked over to Y/n as she lay in a deep state of sleep. He stood up and leaned down to her height, flicking her nose, "Hey doofus, time to wake up."

Y/n's eyes fluttered open and she let out a groan, "I'm.. so tired..!"

"Your mom is setting the table, so let's get dressed."

. . .

The next 3 days were consisted of Written Exams, and finally, it was over.

"Pencils down, everybody." Aizawa announced, "The last person in each row, collect the answer sheets and bring them here."

Y/n leaned back in her seat and let out a sigh of relief. Katsuki had been at her place for all 3 days, studying and training for hours on end.

The next day would be the day of the practical exam. And if the older students were right, it would be a breeze.

However, it wasn't.

. . .

And then, it was the day of the practical exam, taken place at the Practical Exam Area - Center Plaza.

"Now, we will begin the practical exam." Aizawa announced, standing alone in front of the building.

Everyone was in their hero costumes, standing with either confidence or an unsure aura.

"Of course, it is possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes."

"I wonder what we're doing now.." Jiro mumbled.

"I expect that you all have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you will be doing."

Kaminari grinned widely, "We're fighting robot warriors like at the entrance exam, right?!"

"Fireworks! Curry! Test of Courage!" Mina yelled.

"Too bad!" Aizawa's "scarf" started to move, "For various reasons, the exam will be different starting this time!" Principal Nezu popped out of the scarf.

"Principal Nezu!"

Mina and Kaminari froze.

"Different?" Yaoyorozu looked worried.

"From now on, we want to focus on person-to-person combat and hero work, and stress teaching that is closer to actual fighting. So.."

The students waited anxiously to hear just what they would be doing.

"We'll have you placed in random teams of two to fight robotic versions of other classmates turned to villains!"

"What?!"

「it's been changed for this story's plot purposes by the way! hope you enjoyed this chapter <3」