Chapter Fifty-One: I Don't Want to Cry

I’m lost.

You must be thinking I’m lost after Parker and I broke up. I mean sure I am, I feel lost, sad, confused. But what I really meant is that I’m lost, literally lost. I have no idea where I am.

Yeah, a pretty typical situation I put myself in. Wanting to have the last word, I stormed away from Parker who tried to follow me but he either gave up or lost me. I didn’t want to go home, maybe because Parker might want to try to talk to me there or my parents would notice my gloomy mood and want to talk about it. I honestly wanted time to myself, to think to myself. So I put one foot in front of the other and started walking.

And now here I am, lost.

I’ve checked the map on my phone seeing I’m way off course. I’d have to take a couple buses to get back home, making me wish I didn’t waste the last of my money on a hot dog a street vendor was cooking. Well it wasn’t really a waste. I mean the hot dog sizzling on the pan, the smell coaxing and taunting me, made me buy it, but it was still delicious never the less. The last thing I wanted to do was call my parents to pick me up all the way here and get a lecture all the way back. Parker was out of the question. That’s when I thought about it, the guys. It would be too much trouble, and I doubt they would do it after all that had happened was for nothing.

I sat down on a bench and put my face in my hands, letting out a sigh. “All for nothing.”

And now I had no one. Again. Or maybe I never really had anyone, I didn’t even have myself. I didn’t know whether I should start a flood of tears or scream in frustration about me and my sad pathetic life which I made even sadder and more pathetic when I lost the guys. I just needed someone right now, I needed the guys. I don’t know what I would say or do when I see them, I don’t care what they would say or do when they see me. I just wanted to see them.

I turned on my phone and went to the Trace Ace app. I looked at the map of where I am and blinked. They were close, all three of them were just a few blocks away. I got up from the bench and followed the map as I walked down the street. When I arrived, I looked up from my phone to see it.

A bar.

Well, they’re my only chance for a ride home. But I knew that was only an excuse to see them again. I took a deep breath and walked towards the bar. I went up the steps and started to open the door when a hand suddenly slam shut. I looked up to see it was this huge guy wearing a black shirt and blue jeans, startled, his size made me back up a bit.

“Whaddyo think you’re doing?” He asked me, setting his beer down on the ground.

A bouncer, that’s what he must be.

“I never saw a bar with a bouncer before,” I commented to myself.

“Then you must have never been to a bar before,” he said, eyeing me suspiciously.

Well he got me there. “I have to go into the bar. My friends are in there.”

“Okay, let me see your ID, then.”

It took me by surprise. And I already knew I lost the chance to lie to him not that it would work anyway, I don’t have an ID yet.

“I-I don’t have one,” I said, hoping he would give me the some pity.                               

But instead, a creepy smile formed on his face. “Well, I guess we have a problem. You want to go into a bar, but you’re not old enough.”

“Can you please let me in? I swear it’ll be quick.”

“I could…” he mused, “if you’ll do something for me?”

“Name it.”

“Flash me.”