Chapter 18: The return

Vienna's POV

"Hello love" He whispered huskily as he turned around to face me.

Ryan...

I felt like my body was paralyzed as suddenly I found myself not being able to move anymore.

W-What should I do now?

Ryan is here, standing right in front of me and I don't know how to react, what to do, what to say.

As much as I want to run out of this house as far away from him as possible, I just can't because it seems like I really can't move I mean whatever it is called in a scientific or medical language when you are so shocked and overwhelmed with every single emotion going crazy in your body to the extent that you can't even react to the situation you are in, anymore.

Yeah so whatever that damn thing is called that's exactly what's happening with me right now.

But that's not my biggest concern right now rather it's the man standing in front of me.

I don't know for what reasons but a part of my heart seems to be quite pleased to see him after like four five days but there's also this other part which is terrified to see him.

Am I scared?

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not or maybe I'm just too confused about how I feel right now because just the presence of the man who's standing in front of me is more than enough to make me nervous.

But all these years that I have known him...been with him I have never ever felt scared of Ryan. In fact I have always felt safe around him...there was a time when his arms were the most safest place in the whole world for me.

But now things are different.

He is different.

This...this man who's standing in front of me gazing at me for what feels like centuries now but had only been a few minutes, is not my Ryan...he can never be.

He is just a man with a lot of power...a man who is capable of doing anything...a man who gets what he desires and now he is here to take me with him.

I-I don't understand what should I do now?

I'm just so glad and relieved right now that I moved my loved ones to a safer place yesterday...wait a minute where are Nancy and Jason. I haven't seen the sight of them since the moment I walked in.

Has he done something to them?

No no no. Please god don't let my worst fears come true.

They have to be safe.

Please just let them be safe.

I didn't understand though, who was I even pleading to.

To Ryan or to God?

"Ryan..." I whispered finally breaking my silence as I watched him walk towards me and it was only then that I came back to the real world.

Where I have to face him.

"R-Ryan..." I whispered again as I backed away a little, my legs taking a few steps back on their own accord.

"I missed you love" He said almost as a whisper, finally uttering something else after his classic hello, as I stood there like a statue as he embraced me in a tight hug taking me by surprise.

Well.

This was the last thing I expected from him. I mean I expected him to be mad at me, to yell at me and maybe even harm me in some way.