Chapter 11: Baffling Encounter

He stopped walking until he was only a foot away from me, completely towering over me, which wasn't the case compared to four years ago so clearly he grew.

His body seemed more built, his shoulders got a lot more broad making his hips and waist much slimmer than it already was. This man was ripped. His body didn't look like this four years ago.

His strong chest defined as I saw how it was shaped since his shirt's first few buttons was left unbuttoned. I could see the outline of his pecs.

But his lips still looked so kissable, the nose looked like it still welcomed me to boop it anytime, and then those eyes...

They were still those beautiful pairs of brown eyes that were perfect whenever it showed a sense of glee but unfortunately, those eyes I see in front of me didn't.

There, those eyes were undecipherable, but the expression he paired it with made it seem like he was irritated.

Perhaps he grew a grudge against me as I left him without an explanation and to only come back four years later

But he has nothing to worry about, I didn't come back to be with him once more.

Why would I come running back to him when he told me clearly that day that he didn't want... a family with me.

That day when we fought, I asked him... he said no...

Little did he know that I was already carrying his child back then, he made it clear with that answer that he didn't want Jungwoo and so I granted his wish and left him.

From there I hoped to never cross paths with the man once more, much less he meet my son.

"Eomma!" Jungwoo exclaimed as he ran toward me, he jumped to me so that I could bring him up to my arms to carry him.

Then yet, here we are, in this situation, where the man I've been avoiding all these years for this situation is happening.

"Is he your son?" He suddenly asked with his deep raspy voice.

But what confused me the most was when the second I responded to the man with a shaky "yes", The already dark look he had, managed to become... darker...

They say the eyes are the windows to the soul and so I could understand from the look he's giving us as he diverted his gaze from me to Jungwoo is that...

He hates us, everyone knows that look when someone hates you.

That piercing gaze that could kill obviously showing us that he hates what he's seeing.