The Last One

''Look at this, one big, happy family.'' Nik said once we approached Jeremy, Bonnie and Damon. Stefan walked a few steps behind us.
''Drink this. It's my blood. It bridges us all together so that when I stop Jeremy's heart, you'll have the power to stop Alaric's. You need to make a physical connection to his bloodstream; a vein, artery, something connected to his heart.'' witch explained, giving a vial of blood to Damon.
He drank a sip, giving it to Stefan.
''If one of us gets a clean shot, take it, the other three: hold him down.'' he said, taking a sip as well.
Stefan gave me the vial, but Nik took it. ''The other two.'' he corrected Stefan. ''Three vampires is enough. You won't do this.'' he said strictly.
''Alaric is powerful. We must...'' I started talking, but he cut me off ''I can't risk your life, Althea. Go home.'' he instructed.
''No...'' I refuse.
''Is this really a good time for marriage drama?'' Damon asked.
''No.'' I say again, taking the vial, drinking blood from it.
''We'll talk about this later.'' he warns me, taking the vial from my hand once again, turning towards the Salvatore brothers.
''Before we all walk through these doors, let's get on the same page, shall we? I was the one who created your vampire bloodline, therefore I am responsible for your lives and Tyler's life, Caroline's life, and of course, Abby's life, should anything go wrong.''he explained, smirking.
''Or you're just lying to save your ass.'' Damon stated.
''I'm not lying. But go ahead, call my bluff, let the teacher kill me. You'll all be dead soon thereafter.'' Nik said, drinkin the rest of the blood from the vial.
''Let's just get this over with, shall we?'' Stefan proposes, walking towards the school.

We walked insde, instantly separating from one another. I walked around, trying to hear something. A few moments later, a blonde girl bumped into me.
''Shh...'' I put a finger over my lips ''I won't hurt you, go home. Stefan, Damon and Klaus are here...We are going to save Elena.'' I instructed her.
''Thank you...'' she says, running off.

Soon, a loud screams are heard. I run towards them, spotting both Salvatore brother on the ground with their neck snapped.
''God dammit.'' I yell, racing towards Alaric who held my husband on the ground, stake millimaters away from his heart.
''Stop!'' Elena yelled, ''Let him go or I'll kill myself.'' Elena says holding a knife to her throat.
''Put it down, Elena.'' Alaric said.
I rushed towards them, trying to push him of off Nik but he was too strong.
''Why? Because you still need me alive? There's a reason why Esther used me to make you, isn't there? She didn't want you to be immortal, so she tied your life to a human one. Mine. That way you have only one life span to kill all vampires and then you'll be gone. So, when I die, you die too. That's it, it has to be!'' Elena yelled, starting to cut her throat.
I, once again, rushed towards Alaric.
''I'm starting to get really annoyed by you!'' he said, pushing me off.

I fell down on to my back, I groaned in pain, trying to stand up. My vision was blury and my head hurted like crazy.
''Stop! STOP! STOP! STOP!'' I heard a voice of Alaric. 
Suddnely, Niklaus threw the teacher of off himself rushing towards me, but Alaric was faster picking me up by my hair. I groaned again.
''Let my wife go!'' Nik demanded.
''Not a chance.'' Alaric said,  putting a stake on my back,near my heart. ''All vampires must die.'' Alaric said, pushing a stake through my heart.
''NO!'' Niklaus yelled. 
''I love you...'' I said quietly.

Life had to be got through somehow till death did come. I lived for more than 1000 years and right now, I felt as if this moment lasted longer than my life. I watched as my husband ran towards me , catching my dead body.
For years, the only thing I was afraid of was dying. But right now, I figured out that dying for someone you love isn't that bad - it was peaceful. 

******

As soon as he staked Althea, Alaric Saltzman fled , taking Elena with him. Niklaus fell on to his knees, tears escaping his eyes.
His wife, Alhtea Mikaelson is dead. He watched as her body burned until only ashes left.

''I love you too Althea...'' he replied,. they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.