44

"Wow Hyung! It looks so good in here!"

Walking out of Maki's room with the baby in your arms cooing in your ear, you look over at Yoongi and blush when he rubs the back of his neck and points to you.

"Thanks....but Y/N did most of the decorating, she's pretty talented."

Oh...

Your cheeks ignite red when the whole rest of Bangtan look at you and give you smiles, Jungkook's eyes peering between you and Yoongi with a hearty grin.

"I like it Noona. You did a good job."

I can't handle all of this praise.

"Th-Thank you Jungkook..."

Yoongi carefully takes Maki from your arms and looks into your eyes with a warm smile, his gaze sparkling with an odd emotion.

"Thank you for this. It looks beautiful."

Your heart begins racing in your chest with how close Yoongi is to you so you look down and shuffle your feet nervously, sweat beading on the back of your neck from nerves.

"Y-You're W-Welcome..."

"Hey! Let's get out the cake!"

Jimin quickly presses between you and Yoongi as you snap out of your nervous state and give him a small grin while walking over to the fridge.

"Alright, it's a little heavy-"

"Let me get it Y/N-ah."

Before you can grab the cake Yoongi swoops in and lifts the cake out of the fridge with a smile, a small whine of protest coming from Maki, who is now in Jungkook's arms.

"I-I um...I could have got it.."

"No need! I can help out! It is my daughter's birthday after all...and you've done this much already."

You suddenly grow shy again when you see the rest of the boys staring at the both of you so you nod and go to stand by Jungkook and Maki, the baby's finger reaching out towards you.

I feel so awkward...

Did I do the right thing coming here today?

I'm just Maki's babysitter...but this is all of her uncles that have knows her since before she was born...

"Maki doesn't like me. She wants you Noona."

Grabbing a fussy Maki from Jungkook you feel a little less awkward when you walk over to the table and point at the pretty packages boxes all stacked on the island in the dining room.

"Look Maki, these are all your present everyone got you. You're getting to be such a big girl."

"Pa!"

"Mhm!"

Soon enough all the boys pair off into their own conversation, leaving you to sit at the chairs under the island with Maki on your lap.