Part 15: What Are You Thinking?

I wandered back to the place where Harry and I were staying and immediately walked to the balcony. I was sitting on the edge thinking when I heard the familiar sound of boots clicking against the concrete floor. Looking up, I saw none other than Harry Hook.

"What brings you here?" I asked, leaning back to look at the pirate.

"I was getting bored at the fish and chips shop," Harry said. "Besides, Uma was a little pitchy today."

I laughed slightly at that.

"Hey, are you okay, Chloe?" Harry asked.

"I miss him, Harry," I blurted.

"Who?" Harry asked, sitting next to me.

"Carlos," I said, leaning my head on Harry's shoulder. "I miss him so much."

"Is this about your mom?" Harry asked.

"Kind of. But there's more," I said. "She sent some people a few days ago to get me but I wanted to stay here with you. And, I think I might be beginning to like you."

"What?" Harry asked.

"My mom sent some people to bring me back to my "home" but I told her that I wanted to stay here with you," I said.

"I heard that, but what about the last part?" Harry asked.

"I, uh... I think I might like you," I mumbled.

"I couldn't hear you," Harry said.

"I like you, Harry," I said, louder this time.

Harry stared at me. "You do?"

"Yeah, I just realized it today. But I started liking you the first time I saw you," I admitted. "That's why I started picking on you and saying that I hated you because I didn't want to admit that I had a crush on you."

"Really?" Harry asked, his eyes lighting up.

"Yeah," I said, bringing my head up off Harry's shoulder.

Harry turned to look at me before he leaned closer to me and kissed me. At first, I was surprised, but then I kissed Harry back and, with the butterflies erupting in my stomach, I realized how much I liked him. My face turned red at the thought. Harry pulled me close to his chest and we stayed like that until we heard the loud creak of the gate. I looked at Harry confused before I quickly stood up and walked to the stairs. Finally, I heard footsteps coming up the metal stairs.

"Hey! Who's there?" I called out, making the person stop.

"Relax, it's just me Chloe," I heard Mal chuckle. "There's no need to go all big bad troll on me."

Harry looked at me confused at me and I grinned as Mal got all the way up the stairs. "Mal, what brings you back to the Isle?"

Mal walked over to the couch and dropped her bag on it. "I'm done being good."

"Why?" Harry asked.

"It's too much work," Mal complained. "And being a lady of the court isn't helping either."

"Is Ben helping you at all?" I asked, walking over to Mal.

"He tries to but then someone steals him away so he can do kingly things," Mal said.

"This is why I don't date princes," I smiled, my eyes finding Harry's.

Mal watched in awe. "Are you and Harry dating now?"

"We just made it official today," Harry said. "You know after Chloe told me that she doesn't hate me."

"Let me guess, Chloe. You hated Harry because you didn't want to admit that you liked him," Mal stated. "Did I get that right?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"I had a feeling you and Harry would admit to liking each other," Mal smirked. "Besides, you two look cute together."

"Uma said that she had the same feeling," Harry said.

"Yeah," I smiled, walking over to Harry. "Well, now you've got me."

"That I do," Harry smiled. "You've fallen right into my charming scheme."

"Hey guys, this is sweet and all but please don't kiss. This lovey-dovey stuff reminds me of Ben," Mal said.

Harry and I nodded before Mal's bright blonde hair caught my attention.