The Baby's Coming!

Copyright @ 2012 By Shelbsters15.

This book is a work of fiction. Any references to historical events, real people, or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the authors imagination, and any resemblance actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, it looks like another chapter's posted....Wait...It is another chapter :D

What do you think about Zack working with Sophie?

And why do you think Zack needs a job?

Hm-mm...Only I know ;) And I'm not telling. :P

Pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeee Vote and Comment!!

Please and thank you!

Now back to the story!

Thanks

-Shelby :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Six~

~Sophies P.O.V.~

(The next day, Sunday.)

"Here." Zack says after he slams a paper down of what I'm assuming is his application on the table, startling me.

I jump, dropping the wet towel that I was cleaning the table with on the floor, and place my hand on my chest. "Zack, don't you know that it's not nice scaring someone who's cleaning a table?" I ask him. "And why are you giving me this? I'm not the manager."

He shrugs and stuffs his hands in the pockets of his pants. "I don't know. I just didn't feel like walking all the way over there." Zack says lazily.

I roll my eyes and pick up my towel. "Well, that's not my problem then."

I start walking away from him, without his application.

"Hey, you forgot this!" He lifts the paper off the damp table and waves it in the air. I ignore him and keep walking. "Sophie," He catches up to me quickly and grabs my arm, making me stop. "Come on. Take it."

Zack thrusts it in my hands and I drop it like it burnt my skin. "Take it yourself. I'm not your slave."

"But you work here. You can hand it in, and..." He smiles sheepishly. "Can you put in a good word for me? I really, really need this job."

I tear my eyes away from his deep, needy eyes. "No. I will not. " I rip my arm out of his grip and walk behind the counter, and I try to ignore his glare that he gives me as he walks by me, I try to ignore his conversation with my manager, And I try to ignore the victorious smirk that Zack gives me, when my manager says that there's a great chance that he's going to hire him.

***

"Sophie. Your Brothers wife, is having the baby. Your Father and I are on our way to the hospital. I'm sorry we didn't call or text you to let you know, but we didn't want to disturb you while you was working. When you get a chance, find a ride and come up. Matt, would love it if you could be here for the birth.

Love,

Mom."

Oh my gosh! The baby's coming!

I smile enormously as I read the letter, but my smile fades as I realize that I don't have a ride.

I dig my phone out of my pocket and start dialing, Gabe.

"Yo, yo, yo. Dis is Gabe.I'm not sorry that I didn't answer the phone, because I don't like you, or I'm busy doing something better. You decide for yourself if you want to leave a message and I probably won't call you back...Unless you're Soppy. So. Um. Bye."