Chapter Seventy-Six: How To Be A Failure 101

- I feel like this gif really adds to this chapter. Hagrid is saying goodbye to Harry and heading over to help Valentine, because she needs his help too. :)

"There is never a time or place for true love

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."

― Sarah Dessen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again the year started up, and I sit in my place at the Hufflepuff table beside Abby and another boy. "I missed this place." Abby sighs, staring at the table spread in front of us. I grin in agreement.

"Yeah, I know. This place is like a second home." I admit, and she nods frantically.

"I'd even consider it a first home." She grumbles and upon seeing the look I gave her, sighs. "Home wasn't really a fun place to spend summertime. The only fun I had was when we were all at Claude's place." She admits.

"What happened, Abs?" I ask her highly concerned.

"Dad almost got sacked for failing one of his missions. He was found drunk in a bar." She grits her teeth in anger. I found myself paling. "So, mum and his relationship has been rocky. They're always screaming at one another. It gave me headaches." She groans.

"That sucks," I say, and she turns on me with a surprised look.

"You aren't going to say I'm sorry like everyone else?" She demands, and I raise a brow.

"Will it make you feel better if I apologize for it?" I ask, but she shakes her head.

"No, actually. It'd make me feel worse." Her grey eyes were hard. I reach over and grab her hand gently, patting the top of it with my other hand.

"That's why I didn't say it." I muse, and she smiles at me.

"Thanks."

"Anytime."