~Ten~

ten

Night had fallen in Mystic Falls and Elijah had just come back from a small... meeting... with the Salvatore brothers to find his temporary home empty and silent.

One thing the Noble Mikaelson had discovered about the strange, sweet young woman, was that she had a heartbeat. Slow, constant, and such a soothing, rhythmic sound it was.

But now he couldn't hear it.

The silence was deafening and it made Elijah very uneasy for some reason, a constricting impression in his chest.

His stride quickened from a calm stroll to a barely restrained and panicked sprint through the house at vamp speed, calling her name when finally he heard the peaceful thump of the white haired hybrid's heart coming from the backyard.

The Original sped to the back balcony, worried but halted when he found Wynter spread out on her back amongst a light dusting of freshly fallen snow with her hands resting on her stomach, her ankles crossed and her icy eyes looking silver, reflecting the brightness of the glittering stars. She practically glowed under the pale moonlight.

Wynter leaned her head upwards to peek at the Noble Mikaelson with a sleepy smile before murmuring in her nostalgic tone, "Hello, Lijah."

"Miss Wynter-"

"Please, call me Wynter."

"Wynter... might I ask why you are lying amongst the snow in the grass?"

The white haired woman closed her silvery, icy eyes and sucked in a delicate breath, a wider close lipped smile on her innocent face, "Some would call it meditation, others, relaxation, I call it becoming one with my element."

Elijah blinked, marvelling, not for the first time, at how one such a person could have been raised so beautifully by the likes of Katerina.

"Come lay beside me, Lijah. Feel the peace of the snow, the serenity of the cold and the enchantment of, forgive me, winter." She smiled bashfully at her unintended joke.

The Mikaelson hesitated for a split second, before the thought of 'why not?' crossed his mind. When Aleksander arrived, he knew his twin wouldn't leave the hybrid alone for a second.

He doesn't know how to share.

The Noble Original shrugged off his jacket before trailing down the balcony steps to stand beside the young woman. Her silver eyes remained closed, a sign of trust that astonished him.

Elijah slowly laid down, shuffling over to keep a few inches between their bodies. He gazed up at the stars, wondering about the last moment he had just stopped for a second to breathe. From the corner of his eye, the Mikaelson watched Wynter open her's and take a deep breath.

All of a sudden, the white haired hybrid blew lazily, letting out a flurry of unique snowflakes that danced in the night sky, forming beautiful animals that frolicked amongst the cloudless, starlit sky.

The suited Original's lips parted slightly in awe, his chocolate eyes slowly widening, "I've never seen such magic. It's beautiful."

Wynter grinned brightly at him and his compliment, "Thank you, Lijah," a sad expression then settled on her pure face, "sometimes I imagine about the kinds of magic my people could perform. What they could have shown me."

"My brother had met the elementals before they..." Elijah trailed off, still starstruck by the ethereal creatures prancing on the black canvas of the night sky above.

The young hybrid looked to him in a delighted manner, "Truly? Is he the one you contacted? Aleksander?"

The Mikaelson managed to drag his attention away from the brilliant light show to peer at Wynter and nodded with a soft smile, "Aleksander spent a fair amount of time with the elementals when he wasn't travelling with myself or our brother."

Wynter's silvery eyes gleamed with hope and curiosity.

Hope to learn more about the elementals and her village.

And curiosity to meet this new Mikaelson that not even Kat knew about.

Her life had just gotten a little bit more exciting.

:3

Elijah continued to watch, even as the bright lights began to fade. When the luminous glow of the dancing creatures vanished completely, he turned his head again to find the hybrid elemental fast asleep, her face buried in the soft, bushy tail of her Arctic Fox, who was watching him. The little beast's eyes staring into his chocolate eyes with intelligence that Elijah didn't think a fox could have.

He slowly sat up, his eyes still on the creature, curled up under its pets neck.

When the Mikaelson finally stood, he brushed down his pants and actually asked, "May I?"

The Arctic Fox peeked at Wynter, then back at him before unhurriedly pulling itself out from beneath her neck and gently jumping up onto the elemental's stomach.

Elijah smirked softly and tenderly picked her up with one arm under her knees and the other cradling her neck. He paused when she sighed and pressed her face into his chest.

"Aleks is going to love you, Miss Wynter... if you are who I believe you are..."