47

Things are going to be so awkward.

What do I do.

I could run right now and never come back.

But then...Maki...I'm sure she would miss me...

Pulling every ounce of courage in your body you reach forward and peck on the familiar front door that's become your everyday routine, Yoongi immediately opening the door with a flustered look.

"Ah...good morning Y/N."

"Good morning Yoongi..."

"Maki isn't awake yet..."

"That's fine! She had a very stimulating day yesterday I understand her want to rest..."

"Oh, tomorrow Maki's pediatrician is coming to the house to have her monthly checkup, so tomorrow you don't have to come in."

Oh goody...

A day at home all by myself.

"Okay...sounds great."

The room goes awkwardly silent for a moment until Yoongi grabs his bag and steps toward you, his eyes swirling with emotions, almost like he's fighting against himself.

"I'll see you tonight."

"Y-Yeah! S-Same."

With a nod Yoongi walks out of the apartment and shuts his door, leaving you standing by yourself in his apartment.

Alright, time to wake Maki up.

I wonder if she'll remember that word...

Quietly padding into her room you step to the side of her crib and place your hand on her belly, her legs immediately pulling up and her mouth stretching into a wide sleepy smile.

"Aigoo...there's my pretty girl..."

Well..not my...

Your heart flutters with warmth when you see her eyes flutter open and gaze up at you with warmth, her fists stretching up towards the sky.

"Someone is ready to face the day."

"Ma."

You can't help but to give Maki a wide grin as you pick her up and hold her against you, your fingers squishing her cheeks to earn a light giggle.

"Maki, you're eight months old now, you're getting to be a big girl!"

"Pa!"

"Exactly!"

"Ma! Pa!"

Walking into the living room with Maki still in your arms she babbles and drools on your sweatshirt as you both sit down on the couch, her eyes suddenly locking with yours and seeming to stare into your soul.

"Goodness Maki...what are you thinking about right now?.."

"Ma."

"Ma....."

Going through your morning routine you turn on cartoons and begin patting Maki's back, her hands pressing against your cheeks with a wide grin.

"Ma! Ma! Ma!"

"You're going to give me a heart attack little miss."

You smile and tickle her tummy as she cackles loudly and presses her mouth against your cheek, your nose scrunching when she imprints drool all over you.

"Maki! These kisses!"

Holding her against you, you press multiple butterfly kisses all over her cheeks and listening to her squeal and kick her legs against the suede couch.