🔘 Chapter 19: Dinnertime

The tour went great, although Clay wasn't able to show every corner of the Academy to Anastasius, he was still able to show him the infrastructures that the he would most probably encounter in the future.

It's already past dinnertime and Anastasius just returned to his dorm room. The first time he saw his room was yesterday after he got out of the infirmary and he really liked it. It's not even just a room, it almost looked like an apartment.

It has a kitchen with a small dining room, two bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom, everything that makes up an entire house actually. It looks like it was supposed to be used by two people so he still doesn't know why he's the only one staying in it. He loves it nonetheless though, it had this cozy minimalist style for its interior that calms him down as soon as he gets in.

But getting back to the roommate topic, literally everyone he'd seen along the way has someone with them in their room, he also remembers that the Anastasius in the book also had a roommate. Was it also changed by him? If that is so then in what way was he able to change it? In the end, he wasn't able to come up with a logical answer.

While changing to his night gown, he heard a knock on his door. "Anastasius?" the man on the other side called.

"Charlie? What is he doing here?" He silently asks. "Coming!" He answered back as he roughly finished changing, leaving his collar open and some of the gown's button, unbuttoned.

He opened the door and revealed Charles, holding a bed table containing fruits and a full meal. In contrary to Anastasius' puzzled expression, Charles is still as a rock at the sight in front of him.

Anastasius' collarbone was peaking from his open collar, revealing the boy's milky supple skin, eliciting an urge from the crown prince to mark it then and there. While the buds in his chest are almost visible underneath his thin gown.

Anastasius(Yuu) isn't that innocent of course, so even if he doesn't get the whole gist of Charles' gaze, he still knows what an intense gaze means. He'd seen it a lot of times in his past life in romantic movies. Because of that, Anastasius quickly closed his collar with red cheeks and ears.

Charles was also quick to avert his eyes, then looking back at Anastasius again with a completely different gaze this time.

"Do you usually open the door looking like that?" He asked.

"I- um, at times?" Anastsius answered with an puzzled smile.

"You're going to be the death of me" Charles said after a defeated sigh. "Anyway, may I come in?" He continued, back with his princely self again.

"Oh, of course."

Anastasius lead Charles to the small dining room, quickly tidying up the table a bit for Charles to have a place to put down the small bed table.

"I heard you just came back, and I also heard you haven't eaten yet." Charles said as he assembles the food for Anastasius.

Is this country's Crown Prince really preparing dinner for me right now? I'm an embarrassment! Anastasius thought, he just thinks it's ridiculous for the Crown Prince to be pampering him at the moment when he's just a lowly Young Master of a small kingdom and they're currently in the other's turf.

"Let me do that instead." He tried getting a bowl from Charles' grasp.

"No, just sit down. Your feet must've been swollen by now with all those walking." Charles insisted, leaving no room for any resistance.

As soon as Charles finished preparing Anastasius' dinner, he took Anastasius hand and kissed the back of it. "Then, I shall take my leave."

"Wait! Already?" Anastasius asked while still blushing because of the kiss.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to control myself if I stay with you, looking like that," Charles then checked out Anastasius slowly with hooded eyes, stopping his burning gaze on Anastasius lips, and continued "-any longer than this. Take care, sleep tight after this dinner." Charles answered before he left for good.

Anastasius just collapsed on the dining chair. Is this what they call a swoon? I swear that kid! He just turned 20 years old, how is he able to play with the heart of an old man like this?