The Meeting

The Meeting: Part Two of Five

(Untold Scene from the point of view of Calum)

Calum

"I'll have a grande, pumpkin spice latte." I say to the worker from Starbucks. I was way too excited to be getting coffee right now, but the pumpkin spice lattes had just come into season I couldn't help myself. I smile at the cashier. He doesn't smile back. He tells me the price and I pay for it, with another smile that isn't returned.

I proceed to wait for my drink in the crowded coffee shop, standing out of the way of people getting their own. There's a guy with a bandana with his girlfriend getting something to drink. I couldn't help but think of Ashton, with his bandana and crazy hair. I also think of how he is basically my only friend left, which is sad, but true.

After Luke decided to basically quit the band, everything went down hill. Not that Luke was really great friend, he was a friend nonetheless. I didn't actually know the real reason that he decided to distance himself, but I knew half of it was because of Andy. Michael never talked about what had happened between him and Andy, and him and Luke. All I knew was that Luke was gone and Michael was gone in other ways.

Michael had started drinking and smoking all the time, so before long, Ashton and I came to the decision that a band was not something that was good for anyone. Well, everyone except me. Ashton had Riley to worry about, and I didn't really have much except the band. I didn't say anything because there was really nothing else that I could possibly do to save it.

So that's why I'm here, getting excited over a seasonal coffee drink. "Grande pumpkin spice latte!" The shout of an employee pulls me out of my thoughts. I excuse myself to get through the people blocking the coffee pick up. As I go to reach for the drink, I basically bump into someone, almost knocking them over.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I hear the person say, I look down. A petite girl, with big blue eyes and black rimmed glasses looked at me. Her dark hair thrown over her shoulder, she was gorgeous.

"Uh, it's totally okay, I'm just going to grab my drink, if that's okay." I mummble out. She gives me a small smile, I face palm for being so awkward and dorky.

"That's actually my drink," She says quietly, looking at the latte in my hand. She looks down at her feet after she's said it, like she was embarrassed about speaking out.

"Oh! Is it? I got the same thing I'm really sorry. You can have this one, well you can't not have it because it's already yours, if that makes sense." I ramble and hand it over to her. Someone bumps my arm, making my hand fly out and spill the drink all over the pretty girl's shoes.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry I did not mean to do that," I say my eyes widen at the mess I had made at her feet.

"It's really okay, calm down." She assures, with a chuckle.

My face reddens at the scene I was making in the shop, I just wanted to exit the place before further embarrassment, but I couldn't leave this girl. I had ruined her shoes and her laugh was adorable, there was not a chance I was leaving. "Grande pumpkin spice latte," The same guy calls out and gives me a weird look. I take it anyways.

"Here, have this one. It's the least I can do." I say to her, "I'm Calum by the way, and I think I owe you a pair of shoes."

"Thanks for my coffee, I'm Payton great to meet you Calum." She says with a sarcastic tone, but yet soft and quiet. It was hard to hear here in the loud place. "And you don't owe my anything, really it's okay."

She starts to walk away, and I stand there, without my seasonal coffee drink I came to get. I watch her get futher away and I feel my heart rate speeding up. She opens the door to leave the coffee shop and I make the decision. I run after her, apologizing to anyone who I accidentally knock into. I run through the door, seeing her walk down the sidewalk away from the shop.

"Payton!" I shout, which startles her as she turns around, I catch up to her. I pant a little when I reach her from running, I really need to work out more.

"Are you okay?" She asks me, clearly seeing I'm struggling.

I take a deep breath, "Yes I'm fine, I just wanted to talk to you again, and I'm not a big fan of running." I smile, her cheeks redden.

"Well okay," She says, "Why do you want to talk to me?"

Is she being serious? "You're really pretty." I blurt and mentally face palm for sounding so stupid.

"Thank you," She says, her cheeks redden even more.

"Anytime princess, I was actually wondering if I could make up for spilling on your shoes?" I sort of ignore the fact that I called her princess and hope she is willing to forgive me.

"How so?" She takes a sip from her drink.

"Go on a walk with me?" I smile, and hold my arm out for her to grab. She looks at me for just a second and then hooks her arm through mine.

-

Hours later we end up sitting on a park bench, just laughing about different things. Payton was different, she was unique. She was shy but she had come out of her shell with me, she ended up surprising me with her bubbly personality. She was adorable.

"Cal, you know I probably should go home." She says. My arm was around her, pulling her close to my side. Eventhough we had just met, it felt like we had known eachother forever. That was super cliche but it was true.

"Do you have to?" I pouted, I didn't want her to go, I wanted to sit on this bench with her and talk for hours on end.

She giggles at me and pokes my cheek, "Don't pout, you're too cute when you look sad. And yes I have to go home."

I release her from my grasp, letting her stand up. As much as I didn't want her to go, I probably should be going home too. Ashton wanted to do something tonight, and now I can't wait to tell him about this beautiful girl I met. "Will I see you again?" I ask her, hoping for the best answer.

"I think we might." She smiles and starts to walk away. I might never see her again, this might be the last time we see eachother, the thought drives me crazy. I can't just let her walk away.

"Payton, wait!" I shout, she turns around with a smile on her face.

I run up to her, and grab her cheeks, and press my lips to hers. I think my actions surprised her, because it takes her a second before she kisses me back. Her arms wrap around my neck, mine her waist. Everything was perfect, she was perfect. She pulls away, "Wow." She whispers.

"I know," I whisper back.

We stay like that for a few seconds. She kisses me once more, "Goodbye Calum." With that she walks away.

I start walking the other way, with a smile on my face. My lips tingle with the presence of her lips, the moment was so real, and so exciting. I was glad I had made that last second choice to kiss her, it was worth it. She was worth it, and I wish she would know that.

I was also glad I put my number in her phone without her knowing.

-------------------------

Thank you @lunacidal for this idea!! It was fun to write bc I love calum in this book, plus i love payton because she's so innocent. Expect more from their relationship in my ashton spinoff :)

I added a 8tracks playlist to my personal account (I have two ik im weird) it would mean a lot if you listened http://8tracks.com/paigexo_/escape-it-all ((it will go good with the sequel))

ALSO I apologized this took so long omg, I just haven't gotten a lot of time to sit down and write. but an update for yellow should be coming later today. And ill inform you when i start writing the sequel. I love you all so much!!

AND HARSH HIT 1 MILLION A WHILE AGO IM SO EMOTIONAL ABOUT IT AND I LOVE EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER READ THIS BOOK IT MEANS SO MUCH WHEN YOU GUYS TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE IT AND MESSAGE ME SWEET THINGS :)))

A huge thank you, Paige