The Day

Blue Jay's POV (image her) 

We don't have time for this. Today is the day. "Oh the boy and girl wonder. The bat sent you to drag me off to prison. Frankly I'm underwhelmed." Said the villain. We took him down easy but it was a waste of time. We are finally here. The hall of justice. Standing a little ways away were me, Robin, Speedy, and Aqualad. Just then we heard. "Aw man I knew we'd be last." Kid flash had just arrived. We walked down and I heard comments like "Is that Batman?" Or "look its flash and flash Jr." We walked into the hall of Justice. We were in the library now. "First time in the hall?" I asked Kid Flash I'd been in before with Batman. He answered "Yeah, I'm a little overwhelmed." Robin spoke next "You're overwhelmed freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever whelmed?" I responded "Hey, if it helps I'm whelmed." He nodded and slung his arm over my shoulder. He's like my little bro. However he likes to act like my older brother. Batman and Everyone decided then was a good time for a debrief. Speedy blew a fuse. "What that's it you promised a real look not a glorified backstage pass." One of the adults spoke "it's a first step. You've been granted a look few get." "Oh really." I mumbled "what does it matter which side of the glass you're on." Green Arrow responded "Look, you just need to be patient." Now I blew "No, we need respect. We're being treated like kids no sidekicks. We can do things to and you know what I have even less respect. Just because I can't see right doesn't mean I still can't do what you do. How many times have I helped and what do I get. I get another check up. I get a I'm surprised with how well you did." Then speedy spoke after looking around "Your kidding right. Your gonna play their game? Today was step one." Then Robin spoke "Yeah but isn't step one a tour." I spoke calmly and sadly "except this isn't the real one. Its a tourist front and rest stop to get zeta tubes to the real thing. The watch tower." Speedy spoke "I thought I was his partner. Not anymore." He threw his hat and then it was me "I'm done with all the tests. I have eye problems but I'm still a good hero." I threw down my bat symbol. I'm no Blue Jay. Blue Jay is gone. Me and Speedy walked out. No more disrespect. I'll show them. The silence was interrupted "what do you mean you can't see right?" I looked at him and said "Colors and shapes they don't match to what things should really look like. For example I saw your hat as a neon pink square. I don't know what anything really looks like. Everything appears in random colors so I have no idea what color it really is. Like yellow could show up as any color at anytime. What color was your hat really." He answered "Yellow, so what color is the grass?" "Well it changes everyday. Today its an orange color yesterday it was Teal. My eyes weren't always like this. There was a time when I knew what color or shape things really were." "Wait shapes to." "Yeah, they're mixed up to that or things will have no definite outline." 'Then how do you know who's who?" "Its hard with adults and villains but I know if they're bad because they show up in my vision as triangular while your a blob and the adults are ovals but they all look the same. I can tell you, robin, kid flash, and aqualad apart because I see you a lot." " and the tests. " "long story." I got time."