20

I opened my eyes, still feeling sleepy but thinking that I should probably get up anyway. When I did manage to open my eyes, I realised that I wasn't in bed.

I was in David's office.

Then I remembered what happened.

I rubbed my head with my hand, the thunder rumbling loudly outside. "Shit." I muttered. I looked around- his office was empty. Where was everyone?

I then heard people coming this way, before the door opened.

"Oh, look who's awake." David said- he was with Kate and Irina, who all had brown bags of food in their hands. My belly immediately grumbled, and I was relieved when Kate handed me one of the bags.

"Oh my." I said, taking it gratefully and sitting up. "Thank you so much."

I tucked in, and didn't stop eating until every last mouthful was gone. I then looked up to see everyone staring at me.

"Uhh..." I began, not sure whether I should be apologising for something.

"Are you okay?" Kate asked, maybe a little bit concerned.

I nodded. "Yeah. I was just hungry."

Irina laughed. "I heard you nearly blew the university up."

I held a finger up in protest, but was interrupted by David.

"She did." David said.

Once again, I opened my mouth to speak, but was interrupted.

"Nearly killed us, as well." Kate said, but she was laughing. "Luckily David managed to deflect some of it."

I wasn't aware of this. "But you guys were behind the wall?"

Kate nodded. "It seemed to come round the corner a bit." She said.

I clenched my teeth, feeling my face flush. "Oops." I said. "Sorry."

"It was fucking cool." Kate continued, undisturbed by the fact that she could have been seriously injured if David wasn't there. "There was like, lightning everywhere. Thunder was rumbling super loud. Then you passed out and David had to carry you up here without anyone noticing."

I laughed. "How did you manage that?"

"You somehow managed to set the fire alarms off." David said. "So everyone was gathered outside. I managed to sneak you in through the back."

I laughed again, unable to help it. "Wow, I did not mean for that to happen."

"So this Chaos thing." Kate began. "Is that what it was?"

I nodded. "I think so."

Irina nodded in agreement. "Seems like it. Didn't Ronan tell you how to lessen its effects?"

"He did." I said.

"Millie was about to grab her knife but dropped it." Kate said, and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah." I said, slightly embarrassed. "I wasn't quick enough."

"But now you know the signs." Irina pointed out optimistically. "You know how it feels to have an elemental build up. Next time I think it should be easier for you to summon your Prometheum before it builds too much and you explode."

"Next time?" Kate questioned, her eyes wide. "You mean this is gonna happen again?"

"Yes." Irina said. "Usually the Chaos lasts a few weeks for those with one element."

I pursed my lips.

"So you're saying that Millie is gonna have lightning explosions for a few weeks, and then the next element will do the same?" Kate asked. "Seven times?"