EIGHTEEN

I'm so sorry
word count: 760

THE STATE

Copper fills her tastebuds, nose swelling, vision fucked, she steals a wincing breath. Smeared blood dries her cheeks and lips. Her lips as if it's being used for DIY lipstick. Jirou's deep in a coughing fit before she rips her gaze to the side of where they're all standing, spitting a mixture of saliva and blood on the ground. Her uniform top too tight for her, stains in splotches of maroon. Toru Hagakure bends down to Jirou's level, skirt so fucking short, if to exaggerate, you could see her pelvis. Hagakure tilts her head a little, looking like she's 'sympathizing' with Jirou, "had enough yet?"

Jirou inhales through her teeth, each expression she makes in 'hurt', hurts her more. But she needs to keep her cool. Like what they say and do never get's to her. She snickers at Hagakure and those bitches behind her, "you cunt think you throw? I'd recommend you poke me with a stick. Even that would hurt more." Hagakure's no longer bent over, a hand on her hip loosely, she steps closer.

"Why the sass? Don't you know you're covered in blood?" Hagakure pauses. "Also, if you really want stick damage, you can't be a dyke."

Jirou was quick to snap back at Hagakure, "even if I really was a dyke, I would never like you bitches. Why're you so worried?" Jirou chuckles, serious when she says, "whoever would? Not even the dudes in our class like you."

Hagakure parts her lips like she had something she wanted to say, but the words didn't come out. Jirou shifts her ass into a comfier position as she smirks up at the tongue-tied Hagakure, parched dirt and dust clings at her skirt and exposed thighs, "what's wrong, honey? Cat got your tongue?"

Jirou's got some balls doesn't she? This is why Hagakure despised Jirou, she was always tougher. Hagakure swings her arm up, only to be latched on by Ochaco Uraraka. "Kure, please, i-it's enough" Uraraka pleads. Hagakure shakes herself off of Uraraka's grip, her begging freezing Hagakure's actions. Yet, she barely looks at Uraraka, still fixated on Jirou, "we're not done here, you hear?" Jirou doesn't respond, just sniffs the blood that threatens to spill, back up her nostrils.

Hagakure turns to Uraraka and Momo Yaoyorozu, her glare piercing enough to send shivers up their spines, "let's go" are the only words she needed to move them. Yaoyorozu followed enough to turn back, "you guys go on-" this caught their attention, "-I'll meet you up after gym. Forgot my gym bag in chem."

Jirou's fucked, back and head against the cobbled wall as she tries pushing herself up from the ground. Is her head's pounding? Cheek burning? Or is her nose swelling? The answer is all of the above. She doesn't budge when blood drops from her nose and catches her chin, she's too familiar with this.

"Y-you alright?" Jirou's heard this voice in class, never once did she hear this voice directed at her though. Jirou squints down the alley where the voice echoed from, then taking a good look to make sure her ears weren't deceiving her. It was indeed Yaoyorozu, and she's walking back to where she left.

"The fuck do you want?" Jirou hissed.

Yaoyorozu studies Jirou's movement, her cheeks, nose, before taking out a wet towel from her jacket pocket. "What're you-" Jirou begun, then to getting cut off by accident. "-Sorry. It's been in my pocket for a while. I just didn't know when she'd-" Yaoyorozu sighs, "forget it." Jirou glances at the towel in her hand then back at Yaoyorozu when she asks, "may I?"

"No. Get lost."

Yaoyorozu gives her a half-hearted smile, "you don't do too well with making new friends, don't you?"

Jirou scoffs, "friends? The only friend I have right now is the floor I keep getting beaten down to. We're on the same level. If you don't want to be friends with the floor as well, as am I, I suggest you stick to ignoring me."

Yaoyorozu didn't know where to start with what Jirou said, but something about it stood out more to make her start with, "what'd you mean by 'now'?"

Jirou raises her eyebrows, "even when we both speak the same language, I still don't know what the fuck you mean."

"I mean- I usually see you hanging out with- I don't know his name but-"

Jirou clenches her fists, her heart pounding out of her chest, "shut the fuck up."

"What'd I-"

"I don't want to talk about him."