h y u n l i x

Requested by
@peachylittlepanda

Hyunjin felt like he was worthless, that he had no reason to live. He hasn't got any family and he hasn't found his soulmate. He has his friends, but they're always with their soulmates, and when he hangs out with them, he feels like the third wheeler.

Hyunjins never dated, mostly because he wants his soulmate to be the first one, and also because everyone who asked him out only wants to date him for his visuals.

Hyunjin hates being pretty. He feels like thats all he is. A pretty face.

"You okay Hyun? You look sad." Chan asked, worried for his younger friend. It was rare to see the black haired male hanging out with him or any of their other friends, so he wanted to make sure that the younger is okay.

"I'm fine hyung. Don't worry." Hyunjin lied, putting a fake smile on his face.

"Are you sure?" Jeongin questioned, sitting on Chans lap.

Hyunjin nodded, "I have to go. See you next time."

Hyunjin packed his stuff and ran back home, ignoring the worried look he received from the couple. His feet started hurting and so did his heart.

"Do I even have a soulmate?"Hyunjin asked himself, staring at his reflection. "Would my soulmate even like me? Or will they only like me because of my face?"

Hyunjin smashed the mirror with his fist, creating more tiny mirrors. His knuckles started bleeding but he didn't care. It was too much for him. He's been wanting someone to love and spoil, someone that he can give all his love and affection to.

But, Hyunjin also felt like he was being a spoilt brat. He has his friends, he should be grateful having them, not everyone is as lucky as him. He loves his friends very much, but they can't give him the love he needs.  They all have soulmates, and they're not afraid to show their affection. Which makes Hyunjin jealous, that's why he doesn't hang out with them that much.

Hyunjin let out a sigh, and finally broke down. He collapsed onto his knees and cried his eyes out.

Hyunjin cried for a few minutes before deciding to go back to the park, to get some fresh air and to get his mind off things. He bandaged his fist, grabbed a thick coat, walked out of his apartment, locked the door and headed towards the park. He had his earphones in, listening to 'sad anymore' by lauv.

When he reached the park, he headed towards the benches infront of the lake to stare at the swans and ducks that will swim past. He took out his earphones, wanting to hear the sound of the winds and the trees branches brushing against eachother. After a while, Hyunjin started thinking about his soulmate again.

If Hyunjin ever met his soulmate, he'd want a cute or cliche meeting. Like bumping into eachother or spilling a drink on eachother. Something like that. Hyunjin wouldn't really care what his soulmate looked like, as long as they were cute and isn't afraid to show affection, he'd be happy. However, Hyunjin really hoped his soulmate was a male, he was gay and if he had a female as his soulmate, it'll be awkward.

Hyunjin always ask his friends how you know when you meet your soulmate, and they always respond with, "you'll feel sparks rushing through your body, everything else will be blurred out and the only thing you can see is your soulmate. You'll feel a pull and butterflies dancing in your stomach."