Adrenaline Rush

You've loved fast cars and racing ever since you could remember. Your father taught you how to fix them and you practically built your first car at 16. Your father encouraged you to enter your car into a race after becoming fed up with paying for your speeding tickets. You placed 5th in your first race which was pretty amazing for a rookie. You would enter more and more races and kept placing well but there were still assholes what didn't believe a woman should be racing and tried to ruin the race for you but you persisted. You built a name for yourself among local race groups and became some what of a celebrity.

You're participating in a race with the best of the best tonight and you were confident you would do well. You got ready in your signature racing suit. Green gold and black fire resistant leather that hugged your curves perfectly. You do you hair and makeup just the way you like it finishing everything off with a race car red lipstick. You arrive at the race track early to do final checks of your car before getting into position. Other racers began to line up and that's when the catcalling started. "Hey hot stuff the audience is supposed to be on the other side of the pits. Here let me show you." A racer says as he takes your arm. "Don't touch me. I'm not a spectator, I'm a racer. See" you say flashing your pit pass that clearly says racer. The guy laughs and calls his buddies over, "guys check out this chick, she says she's a racer." They all laugh as your blood boils. Before you could respond the announcer calls all racers to their cars. You quickly get in yours and strap yourself in. You put your helmet on and rev the engine. You can see out the corner of your eye the guy that laughed at you waving. You didn't look to give him the satisfaction. The flag drops and you lead the pack early on. The asshole is on your tail and doesn't seem to be letting up. You maintain your lead all through the race and cross the finish line first. You climb out of your car and the crowd cheers. You notice a tall dark haired man staring at you intensely as you accept the trophy and flowers. You look up again to look for the man but he was gone. You did notice the asshole who came in second going back to the pits and you wanted to rub your win in his face. He was looking at your car when you walked into your area of the garage. "Can I help you?" "You cheated. Somehow someway. There is no way a woman could beat me." He hissed causing you to laugh. "You're really that shallow? I beat you fair and square." Before you knew it he had you pinned up against the wall with his hand around your throat. "You cheated! Just admit it you fucking whore!" He spits as you gasp for air. "Let the lady go." The tall dark haired man said from behind the guy choking you. "Oh this your boyfriend or something?" He scoffs "it must have been you that maintains her car. What did you put in it to have her win?" The man didn't answer but picked the asshole off the ground the same way he had a hold of you. Surprised by this he lets go if you and you fall to the ground gasping. "I told you to let her go now you have to deal with me." He growls and throws the asshole across the garage. He turns his attention you you as you are still trying to catch your breath. "Come with me darling I'll get you somewhere safe." He gently picks you up and puts you in your car. He speeds away with you to a hospital when he noticed how badly bruised your neck was. You black out before you get there and wake up in a brightly lit room and the sounds of machines beeping.

"Ah you're awake. Don't worry you're safe." The dark haired man coos as your eyes become wide not really understanding what's going on. You feel something around your neck and begin to pull at it. "No no my dear don't touch that. That other racer really hurt your neck and throat. This is helping you." You open your mouth to say something but pain rushes over you. "Don't try to talk either. I guess I should introduce myself though." He chuckles, "I am Loki I've been following your racing career for a while now and I have to say I'm impressed. A fair maiden like yourself being able to make your way through a predominately male sport is amazing. After your win I wanted to finally meet you and congratulate you in person. Then I saw that guy hurt you and I had to intervene." He sighs running his fingers through his wavy dark locks. You reach out and take his hand and gently squeeze it as a think you. "I'm guessing this is a thank you?" He questions. You smile and nod before the doctor walks in. "Oh good you're awake. So damage is minimal but you won't be able to talk for awhile. Is this your boyfriend?" The doctor asks looking over at Loki. "Oh no I'm just the guy that brought her in. She was being attacked and I intervened." "Oh wow you're a hero then. You're lucky this guy was around. Here if you need something write it down in this note pad." The doctor says handing you the pad and pen. After he leaves Loki turns back to you with your hand still in his. "Well I should probably let you rest. It was nice meeting you." He says before pulling away from your grasp. You pull his hand back for him to look at you quickly writing something. "Please don't go, I hate hospitals." He reads the note and looks at you sadly, "oh darling I would love to stay but I have some things to do. Tell you what I'll come back tomorrow to see how you are doing. How does that sound?" You nod and let go of his hand. "Goodnight (Y/N) I'll see you tomorrow." He hums before leaving.

The next morning you wake up to see that Loki was sitting in the chair next to your bed. "Told you I would be back" he purrs scooting closer to your bed. You smile at him before writing something on the pad. "Thank you for coming back like I said I don't like hospitals and it's comforting to have someone here. I know it sounds weird because we've only known each other for a little bit but I feel very comfortable with you. It's like we've been friends for years." He smiles back after reading your note, "I honestly feel the same way." He says brushing hair away from your face. You instantly melt under his soft touch. "God this man is beautiful." You think to yourself while studying his handsome features. But something in the back of your mind was pestering you and you had to know the answer. You begin to write, "you said you wanted to congratulate me on my win but something tells me you had other reasons of coming to see me at the garage." He reads it and softly chuckles, "are you always is insightful? You are right I did seek you out to finally meet you and attempt to flirt with you." His face turning a bright shade of pink as he looks at you in the eyes. "Flirt?" You write. "Yeah I find you really attractive and wanted to see if you wanted to go out sometime. But that all went out the window when I saw that guy hurting you." His fist and jaw clench at the though of that guy that put you here. "I would gladly go on a date with you. It's the least I can do since you saved my life." You write and pass the pad for him to read. "Really? You would?" He asks excitedly. You nod and smile at him before he presses his cool lips to your knuckles. You take the pad back and say "I have to get better first. It would be a boring date if I couldn't contribute to the dinner conversation. Haha" Loki just smiles while petting your head causing you to fall asleep. For the next few days in the hospital Loki never left your side. You filled 2 note pads with stuff for Loki to read before you were able to talk a little.

"Loki?" You softly say. He looks up from his book, "yes?" "So you know what the doctors did with my race suit?" You rasp applying pressure on your throat to get the words to come out. "Oh it's right here. I made sure they didn't cut it off of you. Wouldn't want such a sexy garment to go to waste." He teases holding it up out if the bag it was placed in. "Oh I'm glad they didn't cut it I absolutely love it. My favorite colors and fits just right." You softly giggle. "Really these are my favorite colors too." He coos gesturing down to his outfit that was black skinny jeans, a light yellow button up shirt and a dark green leather jacket. "You're so silly." You tease sitting up on the edge of the bed. "Oh just wait I can be a lot more silly." He hums standing between your legs and giving you a soft kiss on your forehead. "I can't wait for our date when you get out of here. "Me too loki." You say wrapping your arms around his hips and resting your head on his toned stomach.