001 | close calls

╔════════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

'𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...MID-RIM TERRITORIES

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐖, stars blinked and glittered. A smattering of them coated a sea of midnight black, more beautiful than anything on the inside of the ship. Constellations swam and spun, and Lyra Endellion was in the midst of a hunt.

In between the ship's galley and the cockpit, Lyra crept along the wall. Her footfalls made no sound save for a light swish of air. Imperceptible, impossible to see and deadly silent. Her fist was closed tightly around the grip of her baton, and she used it to prod along the white-washed walls.

Tap.

Tap.

Click.

Not wasting any more time than she already had, Lyra pried the paneling off the wall to reveal a slew of wires: red, green, blue, and a faded purple. She  bit her inner cheek and exhaled.  It was a tricky business to not pull on the wrong one. 

 As soon as her squadron's X-Wings had landed in the hangar, the cruiser went into total lockdown. That meant two things. One, they had no way out after the bay doors snapped shut like steel jaws. And, more importantly, the glorious second detail.  There were other people aboard the ship. First Order people. It confirmed that this was their target, and that her hunt was almost at its end.

The Dissident-Class cruiser was meticulously maintained. Lyra could smell ammonia on everything, and it reeked of the false cleanliness of the First Order. All the silence was getting eerie. There were security cameras everywhere, but not even a mouse droid stood guard. Lyra's hands were twitching with anticipation and itching for a fight; a desire to make ruthless contact with skin.

Finally, Lyra cut the red wire with her switchblade. Every single light in the hallway gave a bright flash and then faded to darkness.

"You got into the internal wiring of the ship," Aliyah Teron's voice remarked in her ear. "Good job, now I can't see."

She pressed her free hand to the com. "Give it a second," Lyra hummed, continuing on down the hall. "How's it going down there?"

"I ran through the lower systems, but they must have gotten word we were coming. All files were diverted to the backup on the main bridge computer."