Ophelia

After the Jolly Rancher joke, I found even more ways to tease Spencer throughout the day.

Bending over to grab things I had 'accidentally' dropped, resting my hand on his shoulder or the small of his back while I'm talking to him, and the kicker:

a lollipop.

Who knew something as small as that could get him so mesmerized? I'd caught him staring at me a few times and Aaron even had to call him out for 'spacing out' after he asked him a question and got no response.

Now, it's nearly midnight and we're just getting back to the hotel.

Spencer unlocks the door and holds it open for me as I walk in, closing it behind me.

"You're distracting," He says as I take a seat on the bed.

I smile up at him. "It's not on purpose, I swear."

He just laughs and shakes his head at me. "Right. 'Not on purpose'. All of the times you teased me today weren't on purpose?"

"Oh, yeah! The teasing was on purpose, but distracting you? That's your fault. You could have ignored me," I shrug and hop off of the bed to find the TV remote.

Spencer puts his messenger bag on the floor on his side of the bed before kicking off his shoes and laying down. "Well, apart from you being a distraction, today was draining."

"Yeah, you guys were all over the place," I grab the remote and head to lay with him. "You must be exhausted."

"Mmm," He hums, looking back at me. "A little bit."

When I lay down across from him, he scoots closer to me.

"Lia, can I ask you something?"

I nod at him. "Of course, Spence. What is it?"

He sighs and breaks eye contact with me. "It's officially day seven and I think that I'm of sound mind. What do you think?"

Huh? Oh!

It takes a second for me to register what he's talking about.

Sex.

"I mean, it seems like it. Why?" I ask, playing dumb.

He lays his hand on my waist and takes a deep breath. "Um, I..." Spencer says before taking his hand away. "Actually, never mind."

I grab his hand and set it back on my waist, grinning. "Spencer, if you want to have sex—"

"I don't!" He squeaks. He yanks his hand away, almost as if he's scared, and gets up off of the bed. "I mean, I did, but..."

I sit up and watch as he paces. "Okay! Hey!" I hop off of the bed and make my way to him, getting him to stop his pacing when I stand in front of him and put my hands on his shoulders. "We don't have to, Spencer."

"I'm sorry," Spencer shakes his his head. "I just... I'm nervous. I don't want it to be bad for you."

"Spence," I coo, bringing my hands up to his face. "It won't."

"You don't know that."

I brush his hair back and interlock my fingers behind his neck. "Listen, let's just not go into this with any expectations. All we'd be doing is fooling around and... exploring each other."

His face is painted with uncertainty as he looks down at me. "Could you maybe... let me know if I need to improve on something? I wouldn't be offended, I want to learn. I just... I don't have the most experience and while I've read seven books on the subject, sometimes it doesn't... apply as it should."